[RAK2245] ChirpStack receive LoRaWAN signals without network connectivity?

Hello,

I noticed that whenever I start the Raspberry Pi with RAK2245 with no connectivity, WiFi or Ethernet, the RAK2245’s receiver light does not turn on. If I connect an ethernet cable, the receiver light turns on in a few seconds.

Problem is that the location where I am going to install this will not have WiFi or LAN connectivity.

I am simply going to run an application on the same Raspberry Pi, grab the data locally and store it onto a SQLite database.

Then I will bring the device back home after a few days and extract the SQLite file manually.

Can I make the RAK2245 receive LoRaWAN signals without network connectivity?

Did you setup as a TTN gateway - which would only work with an internet connection of some sort, or with ChirpStack which is an all in one solution that could run without internet?

2 Likes

Dear

Yes,@nmcc is right.
the RAK2245’s receiver light does not turn on.
When connecting TTN, packet Forward file cannot parse TTN domain name, leading to startup failure and receiving light is not on. However, when connecting Chirpstack, it does not need to connect external network to analyze data, so receiving light can be turned on.
1 Like

Thank you for your responses @nmcc and @Nicholas.

But I have setup the gateway as ChirpStack and not TTN.

Even right now I am sitting next to the gateway. I powered it on the receiver light is not turning one.

After I connect the Ethernet cable, even though there is no internet access, the receiver light turns on in 10 seconds.

After I remove the Ethernet cable, the receiver light turns off after 5 minutes.

Should I try reinstalling the whole firmware on the SD Card?

Dear,

setup the gateway as ChirpStack

Is this ChirpStack server a built-in server?
Can you send me the picture you configured?

1 Like

Thank you @Nicholas

When you said “Is this ChirpStack server a built-in server?” it clicked me.

When setting it up as ChirpStack, I gave it a local IP address (10.0.0.40) instead of (127.0.0.1) which is why my gateway was working only if Ethernet was connected as without Ethernet, it was not able to resolve 10.0.0.40.

Thank you so much @Nicholas and @nmcc, my issues has been resolved.

Dear,

Okay,10.0.0.40 cannot be used because it is a domain name that needs to be resolved, but once there is no network, the resolution will fail.

I hope you use it better!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.