RAK2270 movement

hello i was checking rak2270 sticker

https://github.com/RAKWireless/RAK2270-Sticker-Tracker/tree/main/Firmware

there is no accelerometer added in the firmware. but the document says it exists.

is this firmware version not open source or am i missing something?

thank you
Bilal

Hi @bilalfakhar ,

This FW version is not released as part of the open-source. However, we will update the open-source FW to include the support of the accelerometer as part of the roadmap but no commitment when it will be released.

Hi Carl - is the FW with the accelerometer-Trigger already in production, so if I order new (generic) stickers do we get this functionality, which we are waiting for to continue with our project here.
Thanks for answering!

Hi @aherberger ,

The accelerometer chip is on the RAK2270-Developer. However we do not have any FW for it.

You can extend though the open source FW to add that functionality then upload your created FW on your sticker orders from us. This is also a work around while we do not have official FW yet.

1 Like

Hi Carl,
we are thinking about adapting the firmware ourselves. If I look at the standard sticker how would we achieve connection to upload our firmware? Or would we send the firmware to you and get a customized version (starting at what quantity?)
Thanks-
Andy

Hi @aherberger ,

Once you got the RAK2270-Developer variant, you will have access to UART and SWD pins via the programming clip with pogo pins.

After you develop your firmware and want to upload it in your sticker order. We can do that. There is no minimum quantity (yet). Just send us the firmware file.

Hi @carlrowan,
will do so and let you know our progress - I am going to order the Developer version right away…
Thanks for your help so far!
cheers,
Andy

1 Like