RAK3172 BOOT MODE?

Hey,

The RAK3172 doesn’t work unless I check the option I marked in red when uploading my hex file to my RAK3172. If I check it, the program starts to run after it is loaded and I can read the information on the serial port screen.

But if I don’t check it, the program neither works nor responds to AT commands.

Does anyone have any information on the subject?

Thanks.

Hi @whydont ,

I am not sure what tool you are using. But it says the purpose of the checkbox, it will run after programming.

If you uncheck it, maybe you can try to reset and see if the module will work again.

It is STM32Programmer.

I tried with uncheck and reset RAK3172. It still doesn’t work. Can you explain me how my pin connections should be for boot mode and run mode?

Thanks.

Why do you use STM32Programmer?

Is your firmware compiled with our RUI3 or is it based on STM32Cube?

I’m editing code on Arduino IDE but can’t upload at there.
So i’m compiling and producing hex file on Arduino IDE and flashing it with STM32Programmer.

Update: Now i flashed hex file but it only responds to AT commands although i checking same checkbox. Program isn’t running inside.

Is the STM32Programmer a custom tool? The official one is STM32CubeProgrammer and been released many years ago to unify different sw tools for stm32 chips.

As for boot mode, if you are pertaining to the UART bootloader, the Boot0 pin must be pulled up then reset the module to proceed on bootloader mode.

If bootloader of of RUI3, AT+BOOT will activate RUI3 bootloader.

My suggestion/s will be:

1. Solve the issue on Arduino IDE.
  2. Upload .bin file generated by Arduino compilation and not the hex.
  3. Use STM32CubeProgrammer RAK DFU Tool or WisToolBox to upload the bin generated.
1 Like

It’s part of the same official tool suite. If you have a binary, you can use this tool to upload the binary to your STM32 board. But you also can do other things like zeroing a chip, read the memory back to your computer, etc.

2 Likes

You should be able to upload the firmware with Arduino IDE… That’s the real issue.

Connect the board directly via USB, select the port in Tools, and open the Serial monitor. Type AT+BOOT then enter. It will put the device in boot mode. Close the monitor and click upload.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!! "King"duino :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.