RAK3172 + RUI3 + Date-Time

Hi,

Greetings!

We wish to use Date-Time library with RAK3172 + RUI3, like library in below URL
https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Time/

Can you please guide whether how it is possible?

Regards,

Dinesh

I don’t think so, it doesn’t work with newer versions of ArduinoIDE

But there are other libraries like Paul Stoffregen Time and Adafruit RTCLib that have functions to use millis() as fake RTC.

Hi Bernd,

Greetings!

Thanks for your reply and good suggestion to implement Date-Time.
As per your suggestion and after some study we have used below library to implement SoftRTC.

Library: RTClib - Arduino Reference
Reference Example: RTClib/softrtc.ino at master · adafruit/RTClib · GitHub

Please note that we have successfully implemented SoftRTC and observed the response.
However we have observed that as compared to local time, device’s time gets ahead of local time in time-span of 2 hours.
Can you please guide us whether millis() gives stable response after using api.system.sleep.all()?

Regards,

Dinesh

Hi Dinesh,
I have to forward this question to our R&D, I cannot answer it.
If I need reliable time source I usually add a RTC like our RAK12002

Thanks Bernd,
Can you please forward this query to your R&D?
It would be of great help to us.
So that it will help us to choose between RAK12002 or millis() function.

Hi @dinesh

I run a quick test, comparing millis() based softRTC with the RAK12002 RTC module connected to a RAK3172 and I see the same problem that the time is drifting away very fast.

It is addressed as bug to the R&D team.

I run same code on a RAK4631-R (same RUI3 version) and it works quite well. I don’t see an deviation between softRTC and RAK12012 after an hour (still running).

I let you know if there is an update, but to be safe, I would propose you consider to use the RAK12002 module.

Hi,

Greetings!

Thanks for your quick reply.
Please note that we do not require very precise time and wish to use softRTC.
Also can you please let us understand by when can I expect patch for time drift?

Regards,

Dinesh

I cannot give you a specific date. The RUI3 team is working on it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.