RAK4200 Firmware

I am integrating a RAK4200 module on to a new pcb,

I have configured the PCB as per the recommended configuration from RAKWireless.

According to the schematic of the RAK4600, the Boot0 pin is tied down internally, so I presume that the bootloader image should be written to 0x8000 0000, is this correct?

I am able to program the bootloader image (3.2.3) at this address using the JLink, no issue there.

But I am seeing no activity on UART2 during boot. I also checked UART1

I am not sure what else I may have missed, or what else I need to do to get this unit operational.

I understand that there is a boot image version 3.2.6 to be released soon, do I need to be using that?
I am using 3.2.3

Thanks,
John

Dear John_NZ,

When you finished loading, did you re-burn the firmware? And can you get any reply?

Do you mean reburn the main firmware using the serial tool?
No, I haven’t tried this as I expected to see the <boot mode> prompt when the boot loader runs.
Is this not what should happen?

Dear John_NZ,

When you're done burning the BootLoader, you plug in the serial tool and you don't see any logs, right?

That;s correct, I wasn’t seeing any logs.
I double checked the PCB and I had a solder joint that was missed on the UART Tx pin.
I have corrected that and uploaded the bootloader image to it now.

This brings up next issue.
I have loaded bootloader RAK4200_Bootloader_V3.2.3.bin

I now want to upload firmware RAK4200_v3.2.0.14_20200810.bin

Should I be using RAK Device Firmware Upgrade Tool v1.4?
I have tried this and it connects to RAK4200, but the upgrade times out.

Thanks,
John

Further to my previous question about the upgrade tool.
I uploaded the RAK4200_v3.2.0.14_20200810.bin file into the RAK4200 using the JLink programmer.
It runs, but when issuing the at+set_config=device:boot command, the device reboots, but not into boot mode.
I suspect that this may have something to do with the Firmware upgrade tool not being able to upload the image

Dear John_NZ,

Yes,You use different firmware and bootlader,Cause problems!

Maybe I can send your the latest firmwire HEX file,include bootloader and firmware!

Dear John_NZ,

Yes,You use different firmware and bootlader,Cause problems!

Maybe I can send your the latest firmwire HEX file,include bootloader and firmware!

Hi,
You can use System Bootloader even BOOT0 pull-down.
See here