RAK4630 - DR4 support

Hi, I have confirmed I can operate my Node with DR0, DR1, DR2, and DR3 (with ADR=OFF).

HOWEVER, when I set DR to 4, perhaps one in twelve transmissions are delivered to my Rak7268CV2-Gateway. My Node is three meters distant from the Gateway. (observed in the Gateway dashboard - Packet Capture screen)

(I operate with AWS-IoT. I can watch Node data in my AWS-IoT console.)

Additionally, after it runs for a while, the Node crashes on the lmh_send() function. I have to reset the device, to resume / program it again.

All I did was slightly change the LoRaWAN_OTAA_ABP arduino example.

I set US915:
LoRaMacRegion_t g_CurrentRegion = LORAMAC_REGION_US915;

I set DR4:
#define LORAWAN_DATERATE DR_4

And, I turned off ADR:

static lmh_param_t g_lora_param_init = {LORAWAN_ADR_OFF, LORAWAN_DATERATE, LORAWAN_PUBLIC_NETWORK, JOINREQ_NBTRIALS, LORAWAN_TX_POWER, LORAWAN_DUTYCYCLE_OFF};

Is there possibly a BUG in the DR4 ?

And, are datarates higher than DR-4 supported with Arduino library for the Rak4630?

What LoRaWAN region are you using?
I am using DR4 on AS923-3 without problems.
Available DR depends on the LoRaWAN region you are using.

Data Rate by Region

I am in USA (US-915).

I can compile and run the example (Arduino) application LoRaWAN_OTAA_ABP.ino on the Rak4630, with the DR set to DR_4. However, it is rarely successful to transmit payloads to a Rak7268cv2, located on the opposite side of my room.

When I set it to higher DR values, DR_5, … the Node is NEVER able to send to my Gateway.

My question is: Is my Rak4630/4631 capable of operating at DR_4 and higher?

DR 5 to DR 7 will never work, it is not defined for US915:

Thank you, Beegee. I understand the US limitation for DR5,DR6,DR7.

Can you confirm that the Arduino library provided will support rates DR4, and DR8…DR13 for the Rak 4630 / 4631 ?