Rak4631 : Necessary reset after power on?

Hello everyone,
I would like to make tiny Lora tracker with Rak5005-O, Rak4631, Rak1910 and a power switch.
I bought several parts by two different ways : Rakwireless shop and Marcom srl.
With Rak4631 bought in Rakwireless shop, everything is OK, but with Rak4631 bought in Marcom srl website, when I power on the board with battery or USB, I must press reset button, if not, nothing append.
I switch Rak5005-O and Rak1910, but It seems that Rak4631 is the problem.
I use the same program (RAK4631-DeepSleep-LoRaWan.ino with Rak1910 modifications) for both.
I have four Rak4631 from two shop.

Note :

• There is two version of Rak4631 : “Rak4630” written large (Rakwireless Shop), “Rak4630” written small (Marcom srl)
  • With Rak4631 (Rakwireless Shop) when I power on, Green light is on, not for other, even if i press Reset.

It is a known issue ? There is a way to not press Reset button when I power on the board ?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum @mmdeveloppement

Looking on the labels in the pictures, the one on the right side seems to be quite old (it is missing the IC certification number on the label).

Most likely they are still flashed with an old bootloader version that had a problem with the RAK1910 module.

Can you try to update the bootloader to the latest version following the guide in our Documentation Center

Hello @beegee

I try it and it works perfectly.
Thanks a lot for your assistance.

I have one 4631 that starts and connects to the 7628 gateway perfectly and one that does not.

Both have the same Bootloader:
UF2 Bootloader 0.4.2 lib/nrfx (v2.0.0) lib/tinyusb (0.10.1-293-gaf8e5a90) lib/uf2 (remotes/origin/configupdate-9-gadbb8c7)
Model: WisBlock RAK4631 Board
Board-ID: WisBlock-RAK4631-Board
Date: Dec 1 2021
SoftDevice: S140 6.1.1

Both are connected via 3.0 USB port to identical Pi 4’s. On power up to the Pi the one that operates correctly has some flashes, then all lights go dark for a few seconds, then continue flashing. The one that starts incorrectly is missing the lights going dark for a few seconds part. Is this a Bootloader issue or should I be looking somewhere else?

Hello Jeff,
This is not a bootloader issue.

What firmware are you using?
Did you setup both RAK4631 with different DevEUI?
Are both RAK4631 registered on the LoRaWAN server with their specific DevEUI?

Thanks, Bernd. We wrote our own firmware. The 4631’s have different DevEUI’s. Both are registered with their specific DevEUI’s. Will look for any difference in the firmware on each 4631, but, by reversing the 4631’s a firmware issue should move with the 4631 to the new Pi, but it doesn’t. The correct startup procedure stays with the Pi, and does not move with the properly starting 4631 to a different Pi. Will have to look for some variation in our device code. Thanks for eliminating the Bootloader.

By “our own firmware” I mean a sketch in the Arduino environment.