RAK5010 can't connect NB-IOT

Hi there, I am trying to connect to NB-IOT network but I get error when calling AT command: AT+QIACT=1. ERROR. But when I calling AT command: AT+COPS?, I realized I was connected to the GSM network. Anyone have a solution for this problem?
Below are my full AT commands:

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS=?)
AT+COPS=?
+COPS: (2,“Viettel”,“Viettel”,“45204”,0),(1,“VN VINAPHONE”,“GPC”,“45202”,0),(1,“VN Vietnamobile”,“VNMOBILE”,“45205”,0),(1,“VN Mobifone”,“Mobifone”,“45201”,0),(0,1,2,3,4),(0,1,2)
OK

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS=0,0,“VIETTEL”,9)
AT+COPS=0,0,“VIETTEL”,9
OK

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+QICSGP=1,1,“v-internet”,"","",1)
AT+QICSGP=1,1,“v-internet”,"","",1
OK

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+QIACT=1)
AT+QIACT=1
ERROR
ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS?)
AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0,0,“Viettel Viettel”,0
OK

Welcome to RAK forum @QuangPhuoc ,

If you look on AT+COPS reply, there is no NB-IoT signal in your area. All networks only offer eGSM.

Thank you for responding! I contacted the sim provider and got a reply that my area has NB-IOT signal. Do I need to set parameters of rak5010 module to receive NB-IOT signal?

You don’t need to set anything to see the available networks.

You can use other commands to see the status though.

AT+QNWINFO and AT+QCSQ

Thank you very much!
I also get an error message when I try to call the command AT+QIACT=1. Do you have any suggestions for this problem?

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS=?)

+COPS: (2,“Viettel”,“Viettel”,“45204”,0),(1,“VN VINAPHONE”,“GPC”,“45202”,0),(1,“VN Mobifone”,“Mobifone”,“45201”,0),(1,“VN Vietnamobile”,“VNMOBILE”,“45205”,0),(0,1,2,3,4),(0,1,2)
OK

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS=1,0,“VIETTEL”,0)
OK

OK

ERROR

Can you try to change this to at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS=0,0,“Viettel”,0)?

Execute all again command sequences again.

Also, are you sure on v-internet as the APN?

I still get the error :frowning: and i’m sure that the APN is v-internet.
I also just tried using another SIM and it can connect to the network and send data to Ubidots. So could the problem be that my current SIM cannot connect to the internet?

at+scan=cellular

+COPS: (2,“Viettel”,“Viettel”,“45204”,0),(1,“VN Vietnamobile”,“VNMOBILE”,“45205”,0),(1,“VN Mobifone”,“Mobifone”,“45201”,0),(1,“VN VINAPHONE”,“GPC”,“45202”,0),(0,1,2,3,4),(0,1,2)

OK

at+set_config=cellular:(AT+COPS=0,0,“Viettel”,0)
OK

OK

ERROR

Could be the sim then. but that’s strange if only the same network. Could it be that the other sim doesnt support eGSM and only 3G or LTE?

Thank you for your help. I finally solved my problem. The problem is in my Sim card. I changed another sim card and everything worked smoothly!

1 Like