RAK5205 new setup

There is only one device using the gateway

Hi All, I am still stuck. Has it got to do with the firmware as it mention its for V2.x.1.8:Modify the format of the sent data to LPP for cayenne. Just asking.

Thanks & Regards

Hi @zulkifli1962,

What do you mean only one device. Is it the RAK811 or another one. Is there a join request in the raw data in the Gateway tab in TTN?
The payload shouldn’t matter for TTN as it should receive it now matter what. The gateway will receive the data as long as there is a node sending it.
Do you see the quin request in the gateway traffic or there is simply nothing ?
Any chance you forgot to set he band of the RAK5205 to 923MHz:
at+region=AS923
It is probably something very small we are missing we just have to find it :slight_smile:

Hi Hobo,
Its RAK811 only connecting to the gateway. Yes there is a JOIN tab at at the gateway traffic folder. Nothing happened when I press the JOIN tab. There is simply nothing at the gate traffic. I have already set to AS923.
As for now I am still lurking around for a possible mistake that I could have made.

Thanks & Regards

Hi All,
Is it correct to say that the gateway is connected if the connected sign is green & last seen counter is reset every 30 second? Is it correct to say that the device is not connected if the status shown: never seen?

Yes,
This is indeed correct.
Which means that the Gateway is working, probably and the issues is with the node.
I would advice to do it from the start with the RAK5205. Re-flash the firmware, and reconfigure as per this manual. I am sorry, it will take time, but I think it is better not to waste any more time trying to figure it out and start again ans see what happens. You can use this as a guideline:

Regards

Thanks Hobo,
OK, I will try the start all over again. One question: The node is supplied without battery as the supplier miss it out and they will courier it to me soon and I was told that for testing I could use the USB to configure and test it. Is that true?

Thanks & Regards

Yes this is indeed true.
You can configure it and run it on USB power.
Just make sure that if you have the USB connected you have the battery disconnected.