RAK5205 SMA Connector Problem

I am currently working on my personal review on the WisKit LoRa Kit. One problem that I encountered is that the SMA Connector from the WisTrio RAK5205 broke without any stress for some reasons. I literally just put it in a box.

Solder it back? I can’t because if you try to zoom in to the picture, the solder pad is also removed from the board. I wish the RAK5205 came with ufl connectors, not with SMA Connectors. I hope someone can help me with this. I need to use this to test the coverage of my gateway. Thanks.

Hi @makoooy123,

Indeed the RAK5205 comes in an ufl connector option. Please check out the link:

Regards

Vladislav

1 Like

Yeah Thanks for the link. I advise anyone who is planning to buy this product to use the ufl connector. But I think it depends on what are you planning to do with this product.

Hi @makoooy123,

We have 2 of those one with sma and one with ufl and no issue with the connectors, so perhaps you got a faulty one. Maybe ask for a replacement. However if it is just the coverage of the gateway you do not need the GPS to map it. You actually only need to be able to transmit some data over the Lora. Perhaps you. Your phone and ttn mapper for the coordinates. I know this is not optimal but it is a workaround until you arrange a replacement.

Regards
Vladislav

Yes. I will try to get a replacement. I will try to test the range tomorrow using the TTN mapper app. Thanks for the reply @Hobo

@Fomi where can i send this to be able to get a replacement?

Hi, @makoooy123

You can email [email protected] to get a replacement.