RAK6243 (RAK 2245 + Raspberry pi) cannot find right firmware

Hello,

I have a RAK6243 board which has RAK2245 Pi Hat and Raspberry pi. Its 915 MHz. I am not able to find the appropriate firmware for it. In the firmware folder I can see three images. I tried all three of them. With one image (RAK2245_based_on_Raspbian_OS_for_RPI3_V4.1.0_20191202) the board doesn’t bootup at all and with two others (RAK2245_based_on_Raspbian_V4.1.0_20191129 and RAK2245_based_on_Raspbian_OS_V2.9.2_20190820) the bootup hangs after

[ 0.688457] mmc1: new high speed SDIO card at address 0001
[ 279.874076] random : crng init done

Can you please help me as I am stuck at this point since sometime.

What model is your Raspberry Pi?
Can you send me a picture of your RAK6243?
What SD card do you use?

Hi Zhu Qi,

Thanks for your response. I can send a picture of RAK6243 after Christmas but it is the same model as this one

And I have a 16GB SanDisk SD card.

Merry Christmas!

Try the buster lite OS of the Raspberry Pi.

Thanks, I will use Raspiban Buster lite. Is there any other software that has to be installed over it to use it as a LoRa Gateway

Thanks I will try it out.

Were you able to get it to work? I am having the exact same problem. None of the firmwares listed work. Reading the steps on the github I get lost as I normally don’t use the pi hardware. Had to order a new Pi b+ for this project. It just hangs and reboots.

@txsrooster
What hardware are you using? What operating system?

It did work for me. I installed raspbian buster lite, connected the device to the monitor and keyboard and then followed the steps mentioned in the github (provided by Zhu Qi). You might have to install git to do a git clone.
After installing I was able to configure the gateway and connect to things network following the below steps.
https://doc.rakwireless.com/quick-start/rak7246g-lorawan-developer-gateway/configuring-the-gateway
https://doc.rakwireless.com/quick-start/rak7246g-lorawan-developer-gateway/connecting-to-the-things-network

I don’t know how but I got it to install and was able to use putty to set it up. I followed the instructions but It never shows connection and when I plug the pi into a monitor it hangs at rak-gateway login: and shows not connected on the TTN site, also never seen.

Edit: I am using a RPI 3 B+ and RAK2245&RAK831_based_on_Raspbian_OS_for_RPI3_V4.1.0_20191202 firmware.
Connected via wifi to my home network. I can see it on the network and use putty connecting to the gateway on my home network as well.

@txsrooster
Can you tell me which RAK product you use?

You can find support for more rak products here