Rak7200 The Satellite signal not found!

Hi, i have an issue with the Rak7200, the node never send GPS data, here an output from serial:

[LoRa]: Unconfirm data send OK
OK Sleep
Wake up .
GPS Init OK
Start Search Satellite(about 200 seconds) …
FAIL.The Satellite signal not found!
Battery Voltage = 3.320 V
Acceleration(g) of X,Y,Z:
Gyro(degress/s) of X,Y,Z:
-2.56,1.58,-1.78
Magnetometer(uT) of X,Y,Z:
-89.10,33.30,-99.75
[LoRa]: send out
OK Sleep
Wake up .
GPS Init OK
FAIL.The Satellite signal not found!
Battery Voltage = 3.332 V
Acceleration(g) of X,Y,Z:
Gyro(degress/s) of X,Y,Z:
-2.67,1.45,-1.70
Magnetometer(uT) of X,Y,Z:
-88.95,34.65,-99.00
[LoRa]: send out
at+recv=0,-64,9,0:
OK Sleep
Wake up .
GPS Init OK

Hi @JoseCity Are you using the latest firmware? Where you test this - inside or outside?

at+version
OK3.1.0.13

i am using this gps inside very close to a window, others gps works in the same location with no problem

The GPS seems ok since its initialization is good. If you don’t have a first fix yet since power-up, I suggest you move to a different location probably in an open area with a clear sight of the sky to help the GPS. Once you got the first fix and almanac info updated, working indoor near open windows will be easier for the GPS receiver to fix signals :+1:

1 Like

what is the decoder function for using on TTN?

Hi @JoseCity You can find the decoders here https://github.com/RAKWireless/RUI_LoRa_node_payload_decoder

this value “battery”: “3.83V” what is it?

Hi Jose, that is the battery voltage of the device.

1 Like

how can i calculate the battery life with this value?

It can tell you when your battery needs charging. But it can’t tell you the exact percent.

At around 3.5 to 3.6V, you need to charge your battery to ensure that you can use the device confidently without worrying about an empty battery. You still can use it beyond this point but battery voltage will drop at a faster rate than when it is above 3.7v.

i ask because i charge the battery over night and always send battery voltage around 3.5-3.8 V, send for a couples of minutes the data and then stopped sending, i dont know if the sync with the sattelite is failing of the device is out of battery