Rak7248 Activate pairing thru network

Is there a way to remotely turn on bluetooth pairing thru local network address?

No, only via the button or after power cycling.

Wow that’s sort of blows. After all it’s not that difficult. You guys made a troubleshooting piece that was that was accessible via an IP address you probably figure sell millions of dollars in support cost. I’m planning to set a lot of minors up around my city and other cities but I can’t be rak with no remote access.

Blessings,

Chris

How are you going to remotely access it via Bluetooth, even if you could turn it on you need to be next to it to be within range?
Why would we put this feature than?

Because it’s mounted In difficult place pressing the button requires me to take a lot of steps. One of my other
Miners I can pick the IP:8080 there is a trouble shooting function where I can go onto a computer and activate the Bluetooth but still be close enough to connect with the phone. The miner is nearly 30’ high as it stands. Not impossible to get to, but If I ever need Bluetooth connectivity it’s tough. I would be nice to have a way to tunnel in via the IP locally.

Blessings,

Chris

OK I guess this is a thing to consider for future releases, FYI power cycling cause the hotspot to go into pairing mode for 5 min, if that would be of any help. This is how I do it with mine, I power cycle it and climb the tower :slight_smile:

Thank you that’s help a lot. I didn’t know.

Blessings,

Chris

1 Like

I’ve only been seeing very little activity. I originally set up a finestra miner with emrit, when I didn’t know anything about helium mining… After I found that I’m only earning 50% I dumped that and bought the rak v2 miner. I’m an avionics tech. The weird thing about this is, the finestra miner sitting in the upstairs window was more active than the rak miner mounted with a 5.8 dbi antenna mounted 11 meters high. I don’t get it. The rak miner should be killing it in comparison.

I Hope you can answer a question for me. I have looked at explorer. It tells me my hotspot is relayed. I have added static IP and opened the correct port. If I check hotspotty it tells me with the realtime status check that I am not relayed. However, there is something weird. I only get 1/1 miner pings succeeded and 0/1 from the blockchain. What’s the reason for this?

Earlier today I ran the diagnosis from the helium app, here’s what I came up with. NAT type used to say symmetrical now it says none. Not sure why changes in the router perhaps. It’s AT&T arris router so symmetrical is the norm. Supposedly it monitors bandwidth for smoother running across devices.

Please add more details to the issue you’re experiencing below

Hotspot: original-candy-unicorn
Hotspot Maker: Cal-Chip Connected Devices
Address: 1125cQ532AQD4GR7Zc5vsyUgtoP4KmoaMNth5WvZppy2eFpg9Vsi
Connected to Blockchain: yes
Dialable: yes
Height: 1,301,705
Last Challenge: 2022-04-07 05:12 AM
Firmware: 2022.04.05.0
App Version: 4.0.1
Wi-Fi MAC: 60:81:F9:36:72:82
Eth MAC: 60:81:F9:36:72:81