RAK7248 Suddenly Stopped Working

I hope someone on this forum can help.

My Helium Hotspot had suddenly stopped working. The versions (via the Hotspotty diagnostics) were as follows:

Maker
Cal-Chip
Model
Rakspot V2
RAM
2048MB
SD card
31.9GB SH32G 11

Miner version
Firmware version

Model:RAK7248

The LEDs showed solid red, but the green LED is flashing 4/5 times and then a pause then another 4/5 times and on and on. It didn’t seem to connect to the Ethernet. I also didn’t seem to be able to connect via the bluetooth, but this is difficult to say as I don’t really know the procedure for this since the Solana migration.

So I assumed the problem was the SD Card and I purchased a new one and flashed with MNTD_2022_04_19_0.

The device now boots fine, LEDs all fine, connects to the network. The blue Helium app seems to find the device via Bluetooth but does not connect. I am getting no rewards and basically have no idea if the device is working, it has been in this state for 7 days.

The new Helium explorer points to Hotspotty which still gives 2 months old data.

Does anyone know how I can get any diagnostics from the device or if there is another way to determine if it is trying to sync to the blockchain?

Thank you.

Hi there,

are you still having issue if so can you please reflash using the firmware from the following guide as the one you have used above is very out of date.

Skye

Hi Skye,

I eventually found the new firmware about a month ago, flashed it and it all worked. Thanks for confirming this was the right thing to do.

Kind regards

Can you flash the firm ware and then have no ownership issues?

Hello,
do you still have MNTD_2022_04_19_0 - Firmware for me please ?