RAK7249 payload not provided

I’m not seeing a commit there corresponding to the change that seems to have been proposed to you.

What I am seeing is unfortunate use of git, starting with the fact that this seems to be a fork of https://github.com/Lora-net/LoRaMac-node with the history lost.

I’d be very hesitant to invest effort in putting this branch into the field again without spending some time to tie it back to the upstream source and understand how the various issues and evolutions being worked on there should apply to the version you will use, both historically and in the future.

Typically what would make sense here would be to pull in the the LoRaMAC project as a git submodule, either from the original or at least form a proper fork of the original such that it will be possible to track upstream changes by using git, rather than having to manually diff things. If someone dropped the current situation in my lap I’d probably pull this code out, re-insert the upstream original as a git sub module, put Dragino’s version back in as a branch of that submodule, and then go through the diffs of the branches and capture any changes that were good and necessary into a commits to apply locally.

Yep i definitely agree with what your saying. Next step will be doing as Dragino advised on the units we have access to and try a getter understanding of what exactly happened.