RAK7249 - Reception Problems

(Simon R.) #1

Dear RAK Team and Community,

i successfully installed the RAK7249 and was able to connect it to TTN.
I placed the Gateway in 15m Height in a Sub-Urban Area. During different Tests the range of the Gateway is only ~500m, i tried different Nodes (RAK831, RAK5205, TTGO Lora ESP32, Draguino, Wisnode etc.) I use the Taoglas RAK Antenna , but also tried different ones.

For me the Outdoor Gateway with a Range og 500m in a Suburban Area is not feasible.
Do you have any idea how i can improve the reception of the Gateway ?

Thank you a lot an Kind Regards

(Jeff.Wang) #2

Dear Simzik,
The RAK7249 you got is 8 channels,right?Which band(US915 or EU868) do you use?
I upload a picture.Firstly,let’s confirm two things:

1. Can you confirm the RF cable was plugged into the connector of LoRa module correctly?
    2.Can you confirm the center of terminal is not broken?
(Jeff.Wang) #3

Dear Simzik,
Please take a picture of LoRa module’s label so that i confirm the frequency band of LoRa module,thank you!

(Jeff.Wang) #5

Dear Simzik,

Yes,it seems every thing is good.By the way,what kind of antenna do you use?

(Simon R.) #6

Hi, I use Rak Taoglas antenna. And also tried different antennas. All almost the same result.

(Jeff.Wang) #7

Dear Simzik,

Please send me a e-mail([email protected]) and tell me your address.I will arrange a new LoRa module(868MHz) for you to compare.

(Øyvind Espnes) #8

Hi! We are ready to buy several of these gateways, but it would be nice to know if this problem is solved?

(Ken Yu) #9

As you can see, https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/rak7249-diy-enterprise-gateway/22161/19. When JP upgrade firmware to latest one, it works properly. Before, his gateway also works normal in two weeks at least. Regarding the ticket post by Simon, we already send the new LoRa Card and to compare the issue, Hope we can update here soon

(Ricardo) #10

HI…was the problem solved?
I want to know If I choose your technology…

thanks for update…

Ricardo

(Ken Yu) #11

sure, with our latest firmware: 1.1.0037_Release_r159, seems we never see this issue happen. Also, we are collect some testing story from community now. Hopefully, we can post some story early next week. I think current version is very stable and you can choose our technology