RAK7268C whoopsie

Hi Folks,

I had to upgrade the firmware from V1.1.2 to something newer as I could not get the Basics Station to work with the AWS IoT Core.

I did a quick search, and found a link on here to V2.2. Installed this, now the Gateway thinks it is a washing machine. I found the doc (WisGate OS 2 User Manual | RAKwireless Documentation Center) that said “thou shalt not do this”, so I guess I should not have done it.

Is there any way to recover from this? How do I get a V1.x firmware into this poor abused machine?

Thanks,
Tony

A slight update.

I have a serial terminal, and this is the output logs it gives:
RAK7268C_Washing_Machine.log (267.2 KB)

I have tried Option 7, and loaded the file WisGateOS_1.3.9_RAK_b186_RAK634.bin. It uploaded for 70 minutes, but there was no change.

The device does not show any IP address, so the instructions at OpenWRT Recovery Procedure | RAKwireless Documentation Center to use Option 2 are not effective.

Currently, the device displays the menu for a few seconds, then rolls though the output log file above. A minor interesting point is the log ouput pauses for a second at a couple of stages beginning here:
[ 50.123055] jffs2: jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00b50000: 0xa7c0 instead

Can someone please advise on this? This is becoming rather urgent for me, as I have to get this pilot program completed to meet a contracted date. Problems are of my own generation, but that does not lessen the imperative.

Thanks,
Tony