RAK7431 - Shorter payload

Hello there,

I have RAK7431 LoRa Node and RAK7268CV2 gateway. The uplink packets I am getting from LoRa Node is as following:

{"payload":{"applicationID":"2","applicationName":"xxxx_xxxx_xx","data":"0104020000B930","data_encode":"hexstring","devEUI":"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","deviceName":"dev_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","fCnt":9983,"fPort":6,"timestamp":1716576733},"type":"Uplink"}

Is it possible to shorten the payload coming from LoRa node to something like:

{"payload":{"data":"0104020000B930","fCnt":9983,"fPort":6,"timestamp":1716576733},"type":"Uplink"}

I need this because another MQTT client in the network cannot receive messages that is too long (more than ~100 characters)

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
AJ

Good morning,

My suggestion is to work with GitHub - RAKWireless/RAKwireless_Standardized_Payload: Payload description, payload decoder and example code for RAKwireless LoRaWAN devices

This way you will reduce the size and at the same time you will be able to work with the same payload decoder for a lot of projects.

Regards,

Claudio

The payload coming from the RAK7431 is only the content of the data field:

The rest is added by your LNS. Not sure how to get rid of these additional fields though

Hello @amussali ,

If you are using the built-in LNS of RAK7268V2 here is what you can do:

If you enable the only forward data object option and disable the report lora radio information option you will receive just about the data.

Nikola Semov

Hello Nikola,

Yes, I am using the built-in LNS.
But I don’t notice any difference after enabling/disabling “Only forward data object”. With “Report LoRa Radio information” disabled, payload format is the same as in original post.

Aizhigit