RAK811 at+recv command

Hey, in the attached pic, when using the RAK811, the at+recv response gives us snr, rssi of the uplink signal from node to gateway right? Or is it somewhat different?
This is as per firmware 2.0.3.4

Also, in the new firmware 3.0.0.3, the at+recv command is no where to be seen…

Basically i want to create a simple field test device that gets me the snr & rssi of the uplink signal and show the same on an LCD screen attached to the test node device…

Request your inputs on the same… Thanks…!

rak811_downlink|690x363

Hello!
As shown in your diagram, in version 2.0.3.4, this command controls the opening and closing of snr and rssi values. However, in the new firmware version 3.0.0.3, we have turned this switch on by default. For the at + recv =… , is displayed when the node receives data from the server.As shown in the figure above, they are displayed when different firmware receives data from the server.

Thanks for the reply Mr. Nicholas… I will check it out.

Can you tell me whether this SNR & RSSI received in the downlink message as part of the at+recv command is the snr & rssi of the uplink message from the node to gateway OR of the downlink from gateway to node?

The rssi and SNR values received by the downstream message are the rssi and SNR values received by the node when the server sends them through the gateway.

Hey thanks Nicholas…

I was running AT commands on the RAK811… Problem is I am not able to get the at+recv command on the serial monitor after sending both confirmed & unconfirmed uplinks from the end node…

My current firmware is V3.0.0.3H and Network server is loraserver.io

Rest all things working fine. Just not able to receive the at+recv command…

Attaching a screenshot of the same…

Hey Nicholas… Sorted the error… I was not sending a downlink from the gateway to the node… Once I did that, I am getting the at+recv command… Thanks…

One Issue: I have encircled the values of the rssi,snr received in the pic attached. The SNR is shown as 24 and 19. How is that possible when the uplink to the Gateway is giving me an SNR of only 1-2.

Kindly help to clarify this doubt.

Hey Nicholas…

Can you help me with the earlier post please? I am stuck with a project that needs urgent addressing of this issue…

Regards,
Jithin

I don’t understand what that means, is the difference between the SNR’s 1 and 2 or is the difference between the SNR’s 1 and 2?

I meant SNR in the range of 1 to 2…

Where did you see this value? Could you please give me the screenshot for reference.

1 Like

Hey Nicholas… That is not the issue, it was only a reference value…

Let me reframe my query.

When an Uplink is sent from Node to Gateway, the SNR is usually anywhere between -9 to 6 in my case.

But, a downlink from Gateway to Node gives a SNR of 24 and 19 for the same node & gateway setup, as seen in the pic attached. Isn’t this downlink SNR value strange when compared to the uplink SNR?