Rak811 not responding to AT commands

I bought a rak2245 kit with a gateway and a rak811 based Wisnode (v1.2 board) last month.

I tried flashing the rak811 node with a firmware found on github https://github.com/RAKWireless/RAK811_LoRaNode/tree/master/doc/AT%20Command

I used the STM Flash Loader to flash RAK811_HF_V2.0.3.4.bin with a USB cable via UART. The node does not respond on any at commands anymore, as it used to.

Any chance I can go back to the factory firmware or reflash it with a working firmware? Is there a way to verify if the node is problematic?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello! Could you please send a screenshot of the problem you encountered? I can’t see anything wrong with your question!

Perhaps you can refer to this document for actiondocument

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you, I flashed the firmware like in the document, there was no problem with it, it completes successfully.

The problem is that when I try to send AT commands (for example via UART Assist), there is no output. I checked the serial connection and it looks fine.

It used to work, but not anymore. Should I use a different firmware, or do something else I forgot?

thank you!

It can be seen from your figure that the baud rate you selected is wrong. Please change the baudrate from 9600 to 115200.

It can be seen from your figure that the baud rate you selected is wrong. Please change the baudrate from 9600 to 115200.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I managed to fix it. I also flashed v2.0.3.4 firmware. I can interact with the device now.

I do have the same problem I initially had that prompted me to looking for newer firmware, but I will open a different topic as it is at a different level.

Thank you Nicholas!

You are welcome And thank you for your questions.