RAK831 Gateway Packet Forwarder

Hello,

I am trying to install RAK packet forwarder in a fresh installed raspbian. I found several tutorials on internet that suggest to use TTN-packet-forwarder. However, my project is not related at all with TTN and their particular configurations. I would prefer an “official” RAK version of this packet forwarder.
I found also an official image: https://github.com/RAKWireless/rak_common_for_gateway that get closer to my requirements. It is an official RAK version. But it come full of other software (like loraserver). For particular reasons, I cannot use that image (instead of the one I have currently running on my RaspberryPi).

To sum-up, I wonder if there is any official minimalistic software needed to use RAK831 over a RaspberryPi.

Thank you in advance!

The TTN instructions aren’t really tied to TTN.

Or you could try this:

Once you get an idea from something like the TTN guide or that of the three parts that need to fit together (LoRa HAL, packet forwarder, and start script that drives the reset GPIO) and the configuration files for a particular local need, you could very well replace the packet forwarder with the official one from chip maker Semtech.

Ultimately what you should use depends on your particular goals.