RAK831 Pilot Gateway can't received message

Hi All;

Now. I use to “RAK2245&RAK831_based_on_Raspbian_OS_V2.8R_20190509.img”. I see a message from end-node in loraserver but when the message has fcnt ( Uplink ) around 6X,XXX frame. I can’t see a message anything from end-node but when I reset my end-node. I will see a message and fcnt will reset count as zero. I would like to know how should I do with this problem. Could you please advice me?

Condition for test

1. OTAA Mode
  2. Disable frame-counter validation
  3. Uplink every 2 second
  4. Using confirmed message

Thank you,
Best regards,

Hi, @emporejrz

I have three questions:

1. Which loraserver are you using? RAK831 built-in loraserver or your own loraserver?
  2. If you are using your own loraserver, which version it is?
  3. Which version of LoRaWAN are you using? LoRaWAN 1.0.2, 1.0.3, or 1.1?

Hi @Fomi;

1.Which loraserver are you using? RAK831 built-in loraserver or your own loraserver?
-> loraserver in ubuntu not loraserver built-in on raspberry pi.
2. If you are using your own loraserver, which version it is?
-> I am use to loraserver version 3.0.0 .
3. Which version of LoRaWAN are you using? LoRaWAN 1.0.2, 1.0.3, or 1.1?
-> I am use to LoRaWAN 1.0.2 .

I will show a picture for configuration of device-profile below.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hi, @emporejrz

I haven’t used loraserver version 3.0.0, but i think you can test with RAK cloud loraserver for testing, and we will test it too.

We’ll set up a new cloud loraserver which works in AS923 ASAP, and i’ll reply you in another topic:

Hi @Fomi;

I would test as you test it. In 2 days I will inform you again.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hi @Fomi;

I have a result of test with LoRaServer built-in RAK831. Now I can't read uplink. I would to show a step below. I think the application not decode from End-node and Live LoRaWAN FRAMES nothing.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hi @Fomi;

I think the problem will come from RAK831 because once I reset it, it will return status to normal. Could you please check this problem?

Thank you,
Best regards.

@emporejrz
OK, we’ll test it according to your use case.

Hi @Fomi

Thank for you support. I will be patiently waiting.

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hi @emporejrz

We’ve tested for 3 days, but we have not found this issue.
We select “Disable frame-counter validation” as follow:

Hi @Fomi;

I already to check Disable frame-counter validation. I will re-check. Could I see the uplink frame-counter and downlink frame-counter from you?

Thank you,
Best regards.

Hi @Fomi;

I am use RAK831 and use to LoRaServer built-in RAK831. I have a problem. It same  above. I see my board from STM32 still send data.

How should I do? Cloud you please advice me?

Thank you,
Best regards.

@emporejrz Can you describe the problem in more detail?

Hi @ZhuQI;

Yes, I can. When I send the data around 5X,XXX - 6X,XXX frame. I don't see anything in the LoRa Server but I see my develop board is normal working. Now I use to RAK831. Could you advice me?

Thank you,
Best regards.

View the real-time log of packet_forwarder

tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep ttn-gateway

View the real-time log of loraserver

tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep loraserver

If the node sends confirm data, then check if packet_forwarder prints rxpk and txpk.