RAKPIOS-CLI installation

Hi,
I’m running rakpios on my RAK7391 Wisgate Connect gateway and I can’t seem to install rakpios-cli using the following command

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RAKWireless/rakpios-cli/main/rakpios-cli -sSf | bash -s – --install --silent && source ~/.profile

This command was obtained from the following like.

When I execut the command above, rakpios-cli doesn’t install the only prompt I get is “Quitting…”.

Can anyone please advise whether the command above is correct and/or provide some advise as to how I can install the rakpios-cli?

EDIT:
I managed to resolve the issue by creating a folder called “lib” in the “.local” folder in my home directory. Once this was done rakpios-cli could be installed in ~/.local/lib/rakpios-cli

Kind Regards
Greg

Hi @Greg
Yes, this is a known issue. Will fix it in next release.
Thank you.

Hi Xose,
Thank you for your reply.

On a slightly different topic, are you aware of any issues with the RAK7391 failing to boot relably?

I supect that it may be a problem with my particular installation or possibly related to my setup booting of an NVME drive connected to the M.2 port on the bottom side of the board. When get time I plan to reconfigue my CM4 to boot from the EMMC drove to see if that makes booting more reliable.

Kind Regard
Greg

Hi @Greg
No, we don’t have reports on issues booting. Do you have a boot log to analyze?

Hi Xose,
What logs would you like to see?
I’ve attached the kern and daemon log file if that’s of any interest.

Kind Regards

kern.log (2.4 MB)
daemon.log (983.6 KB)

Hi Xose,
When looking through the dmesg output I see the following errors relating to the usb port repeated regularly. Not sure whether this is related to my issue or why these errors are even being reported as there is nothing plugged unto the usb ports and the only modules plugged into my RAK7391 is a RAK PoE board, NVME drive and RAK2245 LoRaWAN concentrator.

Perhaps an issue with the USB bridge?

#dmesg output sample:
[67465.826739] usb usb2-port4: unable to enumerate USB device
[67469.906510] usb usb2-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[67474.138534] usb usb2-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[67478.230518] usb usb2-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[67482.634539] usb usb2-port4: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
[67484.338664] usb 1-1-port1: over-current condition
[67484.442528] usb usb2-port4: over-current condition
[67484.562609] usb 1-1-port2: over-current condition
[67484.782663] usb 1-1-port3: over-current condition
[67485.006692] usb 1-1-port4: over-current condition

Edit:
Also seeing " usb usb2-port4: attempt power cycle" messages in the dmesg output from around the time I was experiencing issues with the RAK7391 failing to boot properly.

Kind regards
Greg