Static Route Page Location

Where can I find the “static route” setup page? I can see one in an image in the below topic but I can’t find it anywhere in my gateway with firmware “1.2.0065_Release r209”.
(RAK7258 - Use WiFi as WAN - #3 by davezap)

Thanks.

@igloodan ,

Hei this is what is available now. You can set the WAN interface to have a static IP via the
Netwrok-WAN Interface tab. This is for the latest firmware r209, what you are looking at is pretty old as it was back at r159.

Regards
Vladislav

@Hobo,

I’m looking for the static route page, not a page to set a static IP address. I find it hard to imagine that static routes were available in r159 but removed by r209!

Thanks.

@igloodan ,

Hard as I might be I think there were major changes with r176 and up so, this might indeed not be there anymore, or anywhere for that matter. I at least can’t seem to find it.
I suspect it was in the WAN interface static address page, this is why I put the image there, just guessing though I can’t remember that far back.

Regards
Vladislav

@hobo,

Do you think this could have been lost accidentally at some point or removed on purpose?

If I manually add a static route using /etc/config/network…
When is this file parsed, only during startup?
Is this likely to be lost during firmware updates?

Thanks.

Hei @igloodan ,

No idea maybe @yutao knows, actually he knows for sure.
As for what is retained at startup this is a question only @yutao can answer.
I suspect things change with the evolution of the firmware, there is a lot of time between r159 and r209, maybe more than a year.

Regards
Vladislav

At a certain point as a power user you may want to disable the luci layer and just interact with uci directly.

Rigging up a console RS232 cable wouldn’t be a bad idea for fallback when leaving the gui behind either.

Hi @igloodan If you add a static route using /etc/config/network, you have to execute /etc/init.d/network reload ( or just do a reboot). The change will not be lost during firmware updates.

1 Like

@yutao,

Do you know why the static route page was removed, are there any plans for this to be re-instated?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.