Stop having internet connection

Good morning, it turns out that I am making a gateway with a raspberry pi 3 Model B, Rak7243 and Rak2243 (I have also done them with the raspberry pi 3 and raspberry pi 4), it turns out that everything is fine but when checking the connection to the internet I enter the command “ping 8.8.8.8” to check that it has a constant internet connection since I am going to put a VPN on it, and suddenly it runs out of connection. I made all the configurations and I have also done them from the minicom, the sim that I put is from simyo and in the APN I put “orangeworld” and the image that I record is the RAK7243C. I have tried all kinds of things and none have given me a solution

None of the part numbers you say you have involve a LTE card, so you appear to have a pre-built gateway and a concentrator card but you have used a part number for the firmware for a gateway with LTE.

Can you look at the RAK store and match up what you have so we can be sure of giving you the correct directions.

What are the other “all kinds of things” so we don’t duplicate your tests?

Have you tried a different network provider?

Investigate potential causes like:

1. Connectivity Logs and Status:
  • Examine the logs of the RAK7243 module for error messages or warnings that might indicate connection problems.
  • Use commands and routes to verify the network configuration and routing table on the Raspberry Pi. Ensure the gateway is correctly assigned an IP address and has a route to the internet.
  1. Signal Strength and Quality:
  • Use the tool or AT commands to check the signal strength and quality of the cellular connection. Poor signal can lead to intermittent connectivity.
  • If the signal is weak, try moving the device to a location with better reception.
  1. Power Supply:
  • Verify that the power supply for the Raspberry Pi and modules is sufficient and stable. Insufficient power can cause unexplained disconnections.
  • Use a multimeter to check the voltage levels at the Raspberry Pi and modules to rule out any power-related issues.
  1. SIM Card and APN:
  • Double-check that the SIM card is inserted correctly and activated with a valid data plan.
  • Ensure the APN settings are accurate for your carrier (Simyo) and region. Consult their documentation or support if unsure.
  1. Network Configuration:
  • Carefully examine the network configuration on both the Raspberry Pi and the RAK7243 module for any errors or inconsistencies.
  • If you’re using the Raspberry Pi as a gateway, ensure it’s correctly configured to forward traffic from other devices to the internet.
  1. RAK7243 Firmware:
  • Consider updating the firmware of the RAK7243 module to the latest stable version, as it might include bug fixes or improvements for connectivity.
  1. Software Conflicts:
  • Review any recently installed software or updates that might have introduced conflicts or compatibility issues.
  • Temporarily disable non-essential software or services to see if it resolves the connection problem.

Additionally:

• Use tools to monitor the internet connection over an extended period to observe patterns of disconnection.
  • If the issue persists, try performing a factory reset on the RAK7243 module and reconfigure the settings from scratch.
  • Consult online forums or communities dedicated to RAK devices for specific troubleshooting advice or shared experiences.
    Remember: Provide details about the specific error messages, logs, or output you encounter when following these steps for tailored assistance.