SUPER short bluetooth range

Extremely annoying issue with one of my rak nodes (19007/4630). BLE is SUPER short-range. Like, across the room has no reception. My hand in front of the antenna blocks signal. When in range, within a foot or two, it works fine, at full speed.
Things I’ve tried:

1. Another BLE antenna. No change.
  2. NO BLE antenna, thinking the connector may be damaged. Causes there to be absolutely no reception even at super close range - indicates there’s an actual connection to the antenna.
  3. Full firmware erase and reflash. No change.
  4. Remove all hardware modules. No change.
  5. Reseat 4630 core module. No change.

Maybe there’s a damaged or bad cap or resistor somewhere? or was pulled off at some point? or a random blob of solder?

What firmware are you using? Arduino based firmware, RUI3 based firmware or Meshtastic?

How is the BLE power set?

// Set max power. Accepted values are: (min) -40, -20, -16, -12, -8, -4, 0, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (max)
	Bluefruit.setTxPower(0);

I am running meshtastic on latest beta.

Bluetooth TX power is set by the Meshtastic firmware. You have to ask the Meshtastic guys how to change it. Maybe there is a setting in the Meshtastic App, but I hoenstly don’t know.

I’ll ask, but I suspect this is a hardware issue. I have many other identical nodes with no issues.

Then please open a ticket with our support team Support.
We cannot handle defect parts here in the forum.