Support End-Device Status

Please add support for LoRaWAN 1.0.3 5.5
End-Device Status (DevStatusReq, DevStatusAns)

Already supported.

Did you setup the request for device status in your LNS?

In Chirpstack you have to set it in the Device Profile

This is what i get

externalPowerSource:false
batteryLevelUnavailable:true
batteryLevel:0

That is correct.

As RUI3 is made for WisDuo modules and we cannot know how the module power supply is setup, the values are set like this.
If you have a battery supply and an option to read the battery status you have (at the moment) change the API internally to use these values. The same for external power source.

It will be possible in the future to set this device status with API, but it is not implemented yet.

If you want to implement battery status reporting, you need to change service_lora_init() function in file service_lora.c. There are callbacks set for battery and temperature. But at the moment the callbacks are set as NULL pointers, so they are not called when the answer for device-status is prepared.

You would have to add your own callbacks there.

for the rak 4630 is there any way to read soc temperature?

where and how can i edit the service_lora file?

There is no function call to read the SOC temperature. It might be available somewhere in the uhal or udrv, but I am not sure.

The file service_lora.c is inside the BSP. The location depends on your Arduino installation. On Windows it is in your user folder:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.