Tracker Kit 2 for RUI3 development for a temporary storage

Please include the following information, in order for us to help you as effectively as possible.

• What product do you wish to discuss? RAK4631-R

• What firmware are you using? RUI3

• What firmware version? RUI_4.1.0_RAK4631

• Computer OS? (MacOS, Linux, Windows) Windows

• What Computer OS version? Windows 11

Good afternoon @beegee ,

I am beginning to develop base on Tracker Kit 2 (4631-R, 12500, 1904, 5801 or 5811) a solution to track Wagons (Train) and at the same time, to do the pressure measurement in 4 pneumatic lines with pressure transducers (0-10V or 4-20mA).

Well, I have some challengers to looking for a solution:

1. How to store the data when the endnode don´t have LoRa coverage? I mean, what kind of Wisblock Storage could be used to do a temporary storage to wait a LoRa coverage back?

2. In the WisBlock-API-V2 documentation , you mention that a standard decoder can be used (figure below). The decoders available have 4 years. Are they the newest version?

Regards,

Cláudio

@beegee ,

Good morning.

Cláudio

For temporary data storage, it depends on required size and how often you want to write and overwrite the data

Storage Medium Restrictions
Internal flash limited write cycles, limited available storage size
RAK15001 Flash 16MBit memory, limited write cycles
RAK15000 EEPROM 2 MBit memory, more write cycles
RAK15003 … RAK15007 FRAM 32kByte to 1Mbyte memory, basically unlimited write cycles

The link you have for the decoder is wrong and I need to correct it.
Your link goes to a decoder for our older WisNode devices, in the beginning I followed their packet format).
The correct decoder is in RAKwireless_Standardized_Payload

Thank you very much.

Claudio

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.