Uploading data of locations of trackers to a server through Rak7243

Hi,

I am new to this whole thing. Please bear with me if my questions sound too silly.
I’m currently working on how to gather locations of each trackers(Rak7205) to Rak7243,
and then upload all these data(Preferably json) to a cloud server on Amazon.

May I know what are the possible ways for me to achieve this?

It would be worth taking some time to understand the role of the LoRaWAN network/application server in such a system. You’ll need to decide which you want to use:

• For a single gateway network you can use the one built into the gateway as a sort of demo / starter feature

• You can use an instance of Chirpstack (formerly LoRaServer) running in the cloud, either set up by you or one offered by RAK or Chirpstack

• You can use a public network server like TTN

• You can use a commercial network server

• or you can write your own.

Nodes logically communicate with the LoRaWAN server, the gateway(s) are just transparent conduits. Whatever is accepting your data then needs to be connected to the server to claim the data.

To a first approximation, these systems pretty much all work the same way regardless of what sort of data your nodes are reporting. So even though you want to report location, you can learn a lot by reading about projects which report temperature, etc…

Thank you Chris for taking the time to reply!
Meanwhile yes I do have my own server built on AWS cloud.

How can I then send data from the gateway to the server?
Cheers

Your own server to use the data, or your own LoRaWAN network server?

You must have a LoRaWAN network/application server in the system to actually implement the LoRaWAN protocol and interact with the nodes through the transparent gateway(s).

That is a distinct role from the server which consumes the data.

And it is also a distinct role from the gateway, though there is the demo-in-a-box idea of running a small instance on a gateway’s embedded computer.

Once you have chosen which server you will be using to actually implement LoRaWAN, you then register your nodes with it in the way appropriate to that software, and configure a suitable data feed between that and your server which ultimately consumes the decrypted data.

My own server to use the data. Thanks for all the insights Chris! Much appreciated :).

Cheers!