WisBlock RAK6430 is not recognized by my pc

Hi,

My laptop (windows 11) does not recognize the WisBlock RAK 6430. When I plug it into the computer and double click on the reset button on WisBlock Dual IO based board (RAK19001), I heard the sound like it is detected. However, a new device does not appear in the file explorer.

• The USB cable is the original cable, and I have tested it with another cable.
  • The Red LED on the base board lights up when I connect it to computer.

Please see the picture of my Arduino. It shows only COM4, not showing the description of the device.
And also get this message when I click on “Get Board Info”.

Can anyone suggest me on this?

Best regards,

Sithu

Your RAK4631 is using the RUI3 bootloader, at least that is what the USB VID and PID tell me.

Did you intentionally buy a RAK4631-R?

If you want to use RUI3 BSP with the RAK4631-R, you need to install the correct Arduino BSP ==> RAK4631-R Quick Start Guide | RAKwireless Documentation Center

If you want to use your RAK4631 with the open source BSP, you need to reflash the bootloader as shown here ==> Device Firmware Upgrade | RAKwireless Documentation Center

Thanks for your explanation and sharing.
Actually, I am new to this, and I will try to know more about this.
Thanks.

Hi @beegee ,

Thanks for your kind explanation and support.
I am trying to use the RAK5802 RS485 for RAK4631-R with RUI3 BSP. Being a newbie, I am looking for the example for it, but I found the example of using the modules RAK1901 and RAK1902 connecting to RAK4631-R here RAK4631-R Demo and Example | RAKwireless Documentation Center

Please kindly let me know if there is any resource that I can use as a reference to set up the module RAK5802 RS485 connecting to RAK4631-R.

With best regards,

Sithu

We are working on more examples for RUI3, but right now they are limited.

You can use the Arduino BSP RAK5802_RS485 example, but the ArduinoRS485 library used in the example needs a small change.

Once you have installed the ArduinoRS485 library you need to add

#ifndef SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE
#define SERIAL_PORT_HARDWARE Serial1
#endif 

in the file RS485.h of the library.

Thank you very much, Sir.

I will.