WisGate Edge Pro, GPS Error

Hello, we have the problem that many error messages corresponding to GPS appear in the LOG. We would like to know how we can disable GPS so that it does not invade the log with those error records.

For example:
Tue Apr 18 10:20:07 2023 user.warn basicstation[12347]: [GPS:WARN] GGA sentence without a fix - bad GPS signal?
Tue Apr 18 10:20:08 2023 user.warn basicstation[12347]: [GPS:WARN] GGA sentence without a fix - bad GPS signal?

Hello @edesedas ,
Is the gateway with WisGateOS V1 or V2?
Also are you sure that the gateway is positioned somewhere where the GPS can get the proper location?

Regards,
Nikola Semov

Is the gateway with WisGateOS V1 or V2? Also are you sure that the gateway is positioned somewhere where the GPS can get the proper location? Regards, Nikola Semov

Hello Nikola, how nice.

Our Gateway has WisGateOS V2, additionally I would like to tell you that for our use case at the moment we are not interested in using the GPS function of the Gateway, we are doing other tests, however, when we go to see the logs many GPS errors appear, We would like to see the possibility of these errors not being shown in the log, I don’t know if that would be possible by disabling GPS or something similar.

Greetings and success

Hello @edesedas ,

You can not stop the GPS log messages specifically.
What you can do is lower the Log level below the warning so you won’t see these messages, but the problem here would be if you need messages that are on level warning or above other than the GPS warnings.

Regards,
Nikola Semov

hello nikola
I understand, I thought that from the console there was some command or some change could be made to disable the GPS.
I understand what you’re telling me about lowering the log level, I did some testing and I can see that if I put it below warning I can’t see the logs and data being sent by the end devices.
I thank you very much for the help and I take the opportunity to ask you an additional question, what a pity I hope you can help me.
We have connected two LoRa antennas as seen in the following image:

The problem is that apparently only one antenna detects us since the LoRa2 LED does not turn on, the funny thing is that we connected at one point only the LoRa2 antenna and the light that kept on was the LoRa1 light, I leave you the image so that go to S.

I hope you can help us, regards.

Hello @edesedas,

These LEDs have nothing to do with the antennas, they show if the LoRa concentrator is up or not.
You probably have to enable the second concentrator.
If you use WisDM you have to use a location with 16 channel configuration.
If you are not using WisDM you can go into the gateway’s WebUI on the page for Frequency Plan and disable the Confirm to LoRaWAN option and you should see the configuration for both concentrators:

Best Regards.
Nikola Semov

Hello Nikola

Perfect, I understand what you are telling me, however, these options I see that they are only available in the “PACKET FORWARDER” work mode. But this does not apply to our case since we have configured our Gateway in “BASICS STATION” work mode and in this work mode it does not allow me to see those options, I would not know how to do it in our case.

Regarding the option of placing it in a location that works with 16 channels if we use WisDM, I don’t know if you are referring to the country or geographic location, we are in Central America and we have placed the country but I don’t know if something else needs to be done.

Greetings.

Hello @edesedas,
What LNS are you using?
In Basics Station mode the LNS should control whether you use 8 or 16 channels.
By WisDM I mean our Device Management tool for the gateways. Do you use that?

Best Regards

Hello Nikola

We are using AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN as LNS, as I told you we have it working in Basics Station mode, however, in this mode I don’t see how to configure or enable both hubs, I can’t find the option either in the Local GUI or in WisDM .

Greetings

Hello @edesedas ,

You are not able to see that option because you are using Basics Station. With this protocol, your LNS is controlling the gateway in terms of the Channel plan and Frequency plan. You need to find that option in AWS and enable it there.

Best Regards,
Nikola Semov

Hello Nikola

This contribution that you have given me has been of great help, our scenario is clearer to us. In fact, we have found the option within our LNS, however, a question has arisen.

It turns out that if we enable the two modules so that the 16 channels work, we should have some devices in subband 1 and others in 2, but what happens if in our case we use all the devices in subband 1?

There is the possibility that if we have two antennas, they both work within the same subband, since it occurs to us to place two Directional LoRa antennas pointing to different locations, but we do not know if this is possible.