Altitude incorrect RAK 5205 firmware 3.0.0.6

Rak 5205 board reports altitude as 17.1 meters instead of 171 which is the correct elevation, tested with firmware 3.0.0.6 and revision C board.

Hi @lx3kr,

Yes, this is an issue in V3.0.0.6 firmware, and we’ve fixed it in V3.0.0.7 firmware which will be released in 2 days. Please wait for this new firmware. Thank you!

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the prompt reply.

Cheers,

Karl

Hi Leopold,

Firmware loaded ok but GPS measurement or sleep doesn’t work, nothing happens after the message below, I waited > 5 mins and nothing changed (autosend set to 120 secs).

___ / _ \ | | / / | | | (_) | |

/ / /\ | |/ / | | | |_ _ __ | | ___ ___ ___
/| _ || \ | |/| | | '
/ _ \ |/ _ / __/ __|
\ | | | || |\ \ \ /\ / | | | __/ | /_ _
_| __| |
/_| _/ / /||| _|_|_||//

Hi Leopold,

Please see below a copy of my mail message, I have since realised that the provided firmware is for RAK811 and not for the RAK5205 board ;-), I have two of those boards with firmware 3.0.0.6.H, do you plan to publish updated firmware/RUI source code for these devices?

Firmware loaded ok but GPS measurement or sleep doesn’t work, nothing happens after the message below, I waited > 5 mins and nothing changed (autosend set to 120 secs).

| ___ / _ \ | | / / | | | () | |
| |
/ / /\ | |/ / | | | | _ __ | | ___ ___ ___
| /| _ || \ | |/| | | '
/ _ \ |/ _ / __/ __|
| |\ | | | || |\ \ \ /\ / | | | __/ | /_ _
_| __| |
/_| _/ / /||| _|_|_||//

RAK811 Version:3.0.0.8.H

========================================================

Selected LoRaWAN 1.0.2 Region: EU868
autosend_interval: 120s
Initialization OK,AT Uart work mode:normal mode, Current work_mode:LoRaWAN, join_mode:OTAA, Class: A
OTAA:
DevEui:
AppEui:
AppKey:
OTAA Join Start…
[LoRa]:Joined Successed!

GPS command also does not work

at+set_config=device:gps:1
Parameter is invalid.

at+get_config=device:status
OK.

===============Device Status List================
Board Core: RAK811
MCU: STM32L151CB_A
LoRa chip: SX1276

Uart1 Baud rate:115200
Uart3 Baud rate:9600
Uart1 work mode:normal mode

===================List End======================

No autosend, sleep or GPS for 10 mins, a hard reboot did not help.

Best regards,

Karl

Hi @lx3kr,

As you know, RAK811 is the core module of RAK5205 device. So you can simply think RAK5205 as “RAK811 + X”.
For the V3.x firmware of RAK5205, you can think it as “RUI + Application” as the following picture shows:

From V3.0.0.6 firmware on, RUI which is RAK IoT SDK only includes the feature of RAK811 core module and we don’t plan to open RUI’s source code, and all of other peripherals like GPS will be included in “Application” which we have open the source code on Github. So, i think it is possible that, you can do any customization for RAK5205 as your mind including the function you mentioned and get a customized firmware for your RAK5205 by yourself. If you are interesting in it, maybe you can have a look at this topic:

BTW, the AT commands are not open source now, but we plan to open the source code of AT commands in the next version recently. Then you can see all AT commands and customize them or add any other AT commands as your mind too.

Hi Fomi,

RAK5205 firmware RUI_RAK5205_V3.0.0.8.H has fixed the following bugs:

GPS sleep/wake
Altitude value too low (divide by 10)
Gas value missing

The only remaining issue is a difference between gas ohms reported in debug console and TTN (see image below)

RUI_RAK5205_V3.0.0.8.H_Release

Thanks for providing the updated image.

Best regards,

Karl

Hi, @lx3kr
TTN received payload about gas_resistance unit is kohms, the serial console is ohms.

Thanks for the clarification.

Karl