[BETA] A low power consumption firmware for RAK811!

Hi everyone,

I’m glad to announce that we’ve got a new beta version firmware for RAK811 which is based on RAK SDK named RUI! Based on our preliminary testing result, the power consumption of RAK811 with this firmware is only 10.3uA, when it go to sleep mode!

In addition, there is a set of new and unified AT commands and APIs have been defined. You can configure RAK811 through AT command, or you can customize it though RUI API.

How to Apply Beta?

Summary
  • Email us at [email protected] with the Subject: [BETA] RAK811 Firmware
  • Email Body should contain the following:
    1. Full Name
    2. Complete Address
    3. Email address (if different from sender email)
    4. Measure of the current power consumption based on current firmware.
  • Must have a RAK811 or WisNode Board in hand

**Beta program ended on June 21, 2019

Further details will be emailed to selected participants. Participants should post their update below or on a separate forum thread.

2 Likes

Glad to read this. Do you plan to open the firmware source as it could benefit to other project ?

2 Likes

Hi there,

Great news!! I gess it will be also available for WisTrio RAK5205. Do you want to test it on that board too or it’s not ready yet?

I join the previous comment and I hope you ralease it as open source after the beta. These boards have a great potential but we need more community arround them!!

1 Like

RAK811 module and WisNode_LoRa firmware will be released tomorrow, and we’re working on RAK5205 Wistrio to develop a new firmware for this board based on RUI. I think we will released RAK5205 Wistrio new firmware in 2 weeks.

As the picture shows, we will supply RUI API and all source code of Application, then you will redevelop RAK products as you want by writing your own Application and calling RUI APIs. But in normal, the source code of RUI will be open source partly.

Hi @Fomi,
Any news on the rak5205 firmware?
Where can I find the RUI firmware? (not binary files)
Thanks.

Hi @dhinojosac,

We’re testing it and maybe we can release it at the end of this week.
We can’t open all the source code of the RUI firmware, just partly.
But i think it is enough for users to customize the firmware for RAK5205 according to their usecase, because we supply a set of API and users can customize a new “Application” by calling our APIs and compile using our online compile enviroment to get a final firmware which they want.

We’ve just released the V3.0.0.1 version firmware for RAK811:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK811/Firmware/
and the new document:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK811/Application_Notes/

In this version, we add the LoRaP2P mode.
You can see what’s the difference in the ChangeLog file:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/en/LoRa/RAK811/Firmware/RAK811_ChangeLog.txt

Hello Fomi,

How can I customize my own firmware through the API?

Cheers

Hi @AverageConsumer,

I’ll publish a document and an online platform this week, then you can customize your own firmware through API.
Just wait for several days, once we finish, i’ll push a news here ASAP.