BRICKED RAK4200

Issue:
DID A FIRMWARE Upgrade without putting module into boot mode, and it failed by timeout.
No AT command worked after that

Setup:
RAK4200 BREAKOUT MODULE
SERIAL PORT TOOL 1.2.1
RAK_Device_Firmware_Upgrade_Tool_v1.4

Server:
n/a

Details:
DID A FIRMWARE Upgrade without putting module into boot mode first, and it failed by timeout.
No AT command worked after that,
thus nothing can be done on it anymore. it is bricked
Needs to know how to revive it.
Thanks

You’d need firmware that has not yet been published because releases aren’t in sync for the v1.4 tool to work.

So, you’ll need to use the current release on the downloads website.

I could tell you the secret command not documented anywhere to get a module out of boot loader mode, but then I’d have to kill you.

OK, don’t tell anyone, but it’s at+run

1, I was trying to download the right version , however the link is broken:
https://downloads.rakwireless.com/LoRa/Tools/RAK_Upgrade_Tool_V1.0.rar

2, at+run likes other at commands, returns nothing. I had made it clear in my the 1st post that it never entered boot loader mode. I did the upgrade while the board is running normally, and after the upgrade failed, I could still connect to the board via serial port, however no at command issued got any return

Er, no, you said you didn’t put it in to boot loader mode.

Also have a bricked 4200 here, because it was coming with FW for 4270.
→ used DFU Tool V1.4 to update Firmware to 3.2.0.15.
I have connected UASRT2 via a FTDI cable to my PC.
Upgrade timed out, now module does not respond anymore. ( It did before upgrade trial )
How to continue and make it respond again?

Hi @XoverIoT ,

Let’s continue the discussion of your issue on this forum thread - RAK4200 module discontinued?

In the future, I also encourage you to create a new topic whenever you got issues in any of our products. Thanks :slight_smile: