Built-in lora network server

Hello there,

I need to configure my 2 gateways RAK7249 in order to deploy a client, so this is a bit urgent for us.
I have followed the instructions here:
https://doc.rakwireless.com/quick-start/rak7249-macro-outdoor-gateway/rak7249-build-in-lora-network-server-sc1

I need a way to add many devices through command line (SSH). Is there any way?

Thanks.

Don’t know about SSH as I can’t access mine from home at the command line (security config) but there is an import button on the Application page on the Devices tab - and an export button so you can see the file format.

This assumes you are using the built in LoRa-Server.

Hello @nmcc,

Thanks for you feedback, but the idea is to avoid using the web browser. I need a command line API to manage the devices on the built in LoRa-Server.
Regards,

I’m in the same boat here, are there any improvements having been made on this? Ideally would like to be able to add/remove node configurations via ssh commands (minimum) or better yet, API.

My recollection is that there’s a restful API for device management but you might have to consult old documents on the chirpstack site (eg, from the versions like this before the name changed from loraserver to chirpstack) to find out how to use that. I guess it’s also possible it’s not enabled in this build.

It might be worth considering if the appliction could be better suited by running a current version of Chirpstack in the cloud and having the gateway (and in the future perhaps multiple gateways) feed into that rather than use the built in server. Then you could use whatever the current device management APIs are - and more importantly, your device records live in the cloud rather than being unique to the gateway, or lost if the gateway gets lost.

Ah so internally RAK gateways just run loraserver? That’s good to know in any case, thanks!