Does it matter which region of the RAK3172 I buy?

I would like to know what is the difference between the different commercial versions of the RAK3172 module associated with different regions (e.g: EU868, AU915, etc.).

Other STM32WL based modules do not have different commercial versions for each region of the LoRaWAN standard.

If I buy a different version than the one I need, can I change it through the firmware?

Thank you.

As indicated in manufacturer documentation there are two versions: RAK3172 WisDuo LPWAN Module Datasheet | RAKwireless Documentation Center that each has its own set of frequencies supported :wink:

Thank you for your reply. If so, then the modules for the High RF versions (EU868, US915, AU915, KR920, AS923, IN865 and RU864) are exactly the same as each other and I can interchangeably buy any of them. However, something that suggests otherwise is that in the RAK store it gives you to choose specific region and there is a different SKU associated with each region.

Hi Sam,

There is a small (cosmetic) difference between RU864/IN865/EU868 and US915/AU915/… version and that is the label. The 8xx MHz versions have the CE/UKCA certification logos, the 9xx MHz version have the FCC/IC certification numbers on the label.
Otherwise they are identical.

The different SKU’s are required for our internal logistics purposes.

2 Likes

I got it. Thank you for your reply, Bernd.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.