Helium Hotspot on RAK7244 - JULY 2021

Hi guys!

Due to the actual shortage of Helium Hotspots, I was trying to find out if it was possible to buy locally a RAK7244 ( https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-901546458-gateway-desarrollo-iot-lorawan-rak7244c-variante-lte-au915-_JM#position=2&search_layout=stack&type=item&tracking_id=13aecbbb-7f9d-42b6-aca6-e29b7fb439e2 ) and make it work in order to mine HTN (probably add firmware or something similar).

I think it is a very interesting crypto and idea, and wanted to learn more about it. I found the following thread, but it is closed: Helium Hotspot version firmware for RPi 3/4 + RAK2245 Pi HAT

I’m from Argentina, and here the IoT is really just starting to develop.

Sorry if I’m breaking some Forum rules, let me know so I can edit the thread.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @ColoradoYeta
Please check:

Full Hotspots may only be manufactured by approved Makers
But you can build a Data Only Hotspot:

I have no idea how much HNT you can earn using a data only hotspot.
Regards

Hei @ColoradoYeta

Full Hotspots are the only ones that can mine now. Data-only hotspots do not mine, essentially, they can not participate in Proof of Coverage (PoC), only transfer end-node data, which is rewarded very little and is not considered mining (at least I don’t think it is).
You can DIY as @marcio pointed out, but your earnings will probably not be worth while to even ROI the hardware.

Regards
Vladislav

Hi @Hobo @marcio , thanks for you comments.I’ll just have to wait to get my hands on a Helium Hotspot then.

Regards!