I can't upgrade lasted firmare in RAK4630 and doesn't boot anymore

When I was updating the new RUI firmware version 4.1.0 on the RAK4630 using the iOS app via Bluetooth, I got an error in the app that it could not update.

Now the RAK4630 does not boot, only the red LED is blinking and the USB port is not recognized and it is not detected via Bluetooth in the WisToolBox app.

I imagine that the new firmware was already being recorded when the data transmission was interrupted.

I’m working with MacOS Ventura 13.6.9 with de wistoolbox in Mac and iOS

Is there any way to restore the RAK4630 to its original factory state?

I try with the iOS nRF Toolbox app in a “Device Firmware Upgrade” section and I can see the RAK4630 by bluetooth with name “DfuTarg”.

The app ask for chose DFU Distribution Package, and when I select any rui3 firmware it’s appear “Error Can not create firmware”

Maybe I have to choose a correct firmware. Does that make sense?

Good morning,

In the RAK4631-R documentation you will find a guide to help to flash a new BoootLoader and after that, a new RUI3:

Repair your RAK4631-R in MacOSW

Regards,

Claudio

It was unable to flash the RUI firmware, I had to restore first with the bootloader BSP firmware, then upload the RUI firmware.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.