Issues with deploying 20 devices and 1 gateway

I have 30 or more sensor transmitters using RAK3172, and one receiver using RAK3172.

Currently, I’ve configured the output to the maximum for testing.
(AT+P2P=920000000:12:125:0:32:22)

The data transmission cycle is 1 minute, but the issue is that the gateway can only receive data from around 10 to 11 devices.

Is there a way to increase this limit?
I would like to know additional methods to minimize receive errors

Welcome back to the forum @JMSHIN

When you start all 20 modules at the same time, they might send all at the same time, causing the issue that packets are overlapping when sent out.

What RUI3 version are you using?

Are you using the RAK3172 as stand-alone devices with a custom firmware or are they controlled from a host MCU over AT commands?

A method to avoid package collision is CAD (channel activity detection). But it requires at least RUI3 V4.1.0.

When using AT commands, you can activate CAD with the AT command AT+CAD=1.
The device will then start CAD before it sends a packet. If channel activity is detected, you will get an asynchronous event “+EVT:CAD” and you should retry to send the packet.

When using custom firmware with API calls, you can setup a callback for CAD and enable CAD when sending a packet.
I am using CAD in my example code RUI3-LowPower-Example

1 Like

I used AT COMMAND for configuration, and I have also completed the firmware update to version RUI 4.1.0.

However, while other commands work fine, I keep getting AT_BUSY_ERROR returned when I use the AT+PSEND command.

Could you please help me identify the cause?

Thank you.

If the device is in RX mode, you have to stop RX mode first with AT+PRECV=0 before you can use AT+PSEND.

Exception, if you set AT+PRECV=65533 you are listening all the time and still send data

The final solution was due to the difference between firmware options -T and -E. Thank you so much for your help!