Multicast or Unicast priority

It’s not super clear, but if I match DR, I can receive unicast and multicast packets. However, what’s not clear, if I don’t match data rate, when does multicast become active? When I at+addmulc? Does it deactivate if I at+send?

I’m using class C and us915

You must match the DR or multicast doesn’t work. Multicast is using always RX2 window.

==> RAK11720 Multicast Fail

Can you clarify, can I use different data rates for rx1/unicast and rx2/multicast? DR8 very slow for fuota

RX1 DR is different from RX2 DR. RX1 DR can change, RX2 DR is fixed to DR8.

If dr fixed to 8, what does addmulc data rate setting do then?

Maybe you start reading the LoRaWAN specifications.

Two posts ago I copied you a screenshot of the specs where it says it is fixed. So of course Multicast DR is the same as RX2 DR.

Default would imply changeable not?

My test with rak3172 …

at+addmulc=C:xxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:923300000:10:0

Receives multicast, and can send data, but doesn’t receive unicast anymore until I at+rmvmulc=xxxxxxxx, reboot and rejoin.

Follow up: DR is changeable per testing on RUI_4.0.6_RAK3172-T and as long as both DR are the same the packets both come in.

For chirpstack, the config.toml needs to be changed to reflect the DR (and freq ), the device auto sets the RX2DR depending on join data.