need Help getting into Wisblock

Can I connect the solar panel to the power module without plugging in a battery? So it gets power via solar and usb-c? or does this harm the electronics?

About (2) I ment a typo in the DOC center.

Using USB + solar panel as supply is possible, it will not harm the system. But the solar panel alone will not be sufficient to power the system if USB is disconnected. It is only useful to charge a battery.

Thanks.
I want to add a external sensor that needs 10-24V input. How/where would I get that voltage? 3,3v from the base with a step-up? or something different?

How much ampere?
RAK19002 can deliver 12V with 50mA max

Dont know exactly. But around 600mW

Could work, but it is the upper limit of the RAK19002. It might get quite hot.

I guess it would be better to use an external DC/DC converter for that.

Where would I connect this? Somewhere on the Power Module? Or between Battery and Power Module?

IMHO,
If you always have a battery attached, best would be to use GND and VBAT

If you always have USB connected, best would be to use VBUS and GND

Everything arrived and I had some to test everything.

Unfortunately i overlooked the incompatibility between the base board and the Screw boss.

Whats the best way to mount the base board to the incompatible screw boss?

What do you mean with “incompatible screw boss”.

The holes of the base board dont match with the holes on the screw boss of the enclosure

I see, the mounting plate is made for RAK19001, not for RAK19011.

Unfortunately we do not have a matching mounting plate for the RAK19011. You will have to improvise.

Or get a 3D printed mounting plate like this:

It supports both RAK19001 and RAK19011.

3D STEP file:
Medium-Tool-Cutout-Simplified-RAK19011 v6.zip (222.0 KB)

1 Like

I need a 20000mAh Battery for the rak19012. what would you recommend? are there some good sellers?

You need to look for local resellers or maybe check in AliBaba, Amazon or similar online shops.

I could give you some links to local Philippine shops, but I guess that will not help.

I am located in germany.

do you have some model numbers to recommend?

Sorry, I have no model numbers, there are too many suppliers and variants.

You should be good if you stick with the specifications from our Base Board documents:

Parameter Value
Battery type Li-Ion rechargeable
Charging Voltage 4.5 – 5.5 V
Charging Current 500 mA
Standard Voltage 3.7 V
Charging Voltage 4.2 V
Capacity As required
Discharge current At least 500 mA

Would something like this work?
https://amzn.eu/d/00JUrNvw

Yes, it will work BUT

As mentioned on the their store page,

JST-Anschluss– bestätigen Sie die Polarität des Geräts und des Anschlusses vor dem Kauf

In their picture the polarity on the connector is reverse to ours. You will have to switch + and GND of the cable.

Despite their message, I don’t see an option to select a different polarity when ordering.

However, I have many batteries that came with wrong polarity. It is quite easy to switch the cables directly on the connector.
(1) Lift up the small plastic nose
(2) pull out the cable with the metallic clip
(3) push it back into the connector on the correct position

1 Like

What about something like this?

Should work as well, but you will need a matching connector for it.