RAK online compiler for you to compile your customized firmware based on RUI

Hi @irene,

I’ve just sent two email to your email, please check.

Hi all,

Please have a look at the online RUI API reference, we’ve updates several APIs recently.
https://doc.rakwireless.com/developer-tools/developer-tools/-

Hi,

Can I please get access to the online compiler.
Mark + [email protected] + RAK8212-M

Hi
Can I please have access to the compiler please
Scott @ pep.id.au
rak5205 rak7258 and rak811

Hi Fomi,

Can you please give me access to the online compiler? I have the RAK5205 that I need to develop application code for.

Thanks,
Martin

Hi @scobber,

I’ve just sent an email to you, please check it.

Hi @martinlab3,

Sure, i will give you an account. But you should show me “your name” + “your email” + “your RAK IoT module/product picture” please.

Hi Fomi,

Thanks for your reply. I was worried that the holiday in China would stop you from replying.

My name is Martin Broda. I am an electronic engineer by trade. I have been contracted to set up a demo for sensors on mining vehicles. The great reviews of the RAK products have led my to purchasing a few LoRa modules to develop with. I currently have 5 of the RAK5205 modules and a RAK7258 gateway.

My email is [email protected].

I have attached a picture of the setup I have.

It will be great to try the online compiler.

Regards,

Martin

Hi @martinlab3,

I’ve just sent an email to you.

Hi Foami
Can you please give me access to the online compiler?
Name: Daniel Espitia
email: [email protected]
Products: RAK8212 RAK5010

Hi,

I am new here. I bought three RAK5205 and one RAK7243C.
As a start, could you grant me the use of remote compiler for RAK5205?
Also, could you point me to the latest RUI-GIT code base for RAK5205? I could not find it in

Thanks and regards
Boh Lim

My email is [email protected]

Thanks and regards
Boh Lim

Hi Fomi:
this is hanbing. my email is [email protected]. pls give me a RAK online compiler account
THanks
Best Regards
hanbing

Hi @danielespitia, @bohlimsim, and @Hanbingsg

I’ve just sent an email to you, please check.

Hi @bohlimsim,

As you see in the repository of RUI on Github, there are some folders named “based on xxxxx”. Actually, we can think that all customized products are based on one of these core modules. For example, RAK5205 is built based on RAK811 modules, and it has some more sensors and a GPS module, so that we can think RAK5205 as “RAK811” + “others”.
Now, RAK IoT SDK “RUI” has achieved all about these core modules like RAK811, and it supplies a set of APIs for you to add your own “others” which means customization. We can simply think that RAK5205 is a customized product which is developed by RAK based on RAK811 module. So you can do the similar things too. The source code of RAK’s product practice for RAK5205 is here:

This is not all source code of RAK5205, it is just “Application” which is above RUI APIs as the following picture shows:

You need to compile your customized “Application” with RUI SDK which is deployed on RAK online compiler server, that’s why you need to compile using RAK online compiler.

Hi,

Thanks!

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask API questions:

Next I want to add my own I2C device. I see in your API you have this

4.5 rui_iic_rw
uint32_t rui_iic_rw(RUI_IF_READ_WRITE rw, uint8_t devAddr, uint16_t regAddr, uint8_t*data, uint16_t len)

Question: Is the above API for BME630 only, or can it be used for any generic I2C device? What if I do not need the parameter regAddr?

I also see GPIO:
4.3 rui_gpio_rw
uint32_t rui_gpio_rw(RUI_IF_READ_WRITE rw, uint8_t pin, uint8_t* status)

Question: Do I have to configure the pin as input or output, before reading / writing ?

Hi @bohlimsim,

About I2C quesion, this API is used for any generic I2C sensor devices surely, and all parameters are needed. For example, the parameter regAddr is the address of the sensor’s register, if you don’t set it, the register can not be found correctly. So i don’t understand why you don’t need this parameter.

About GPIO question, yes, you’re right, you can read only when this pin works on input mode, while you can write only when this pin works on output mode. So before you switch reading/writing, please init this GPIO firstly to switch input/output using this API:
https://doc.rakwireless.com/developer-tools/developer-tools/rui-gpio-initialize

You can have a look at this product practice, it is a GPIO sample:

Could you please give access to online compiler? name: Alen Chakma Email: [email protected] product:RAK811 breakout board

Hi @alen,

I’ve just sent an email to you, please check it.