RAK online compiler for you to compile your customized firmware based on RUI

Thank you for giving access to online compiler. Sorry, I am not sure whether it’s the place to ask my questions. I bought few RAK811 breakout modules with AS923. I found that it allocates channels 923.2~924.8 MHz(AS923~925) range whereas my gateway supports 923.2~921.8MHz (AS920-923). In at+set_config=lora:region command there is AS923 option, but that allocates the range AS923~925. Is there anyway I can allocate AS920~923 region? If I add a sensor to breakout board, compile the source in online compiler and burn it into the RAK811, will the MIC certification still be valid?

try
at+set_config=lora:region:KR920

Hi @alen,

The frequency of AS923 which our firmware and module support is the LoRaWAN region which is defined in the LoRaWAN specs. So i think you can not change it to other frequencies when you set it to AS923.
But, maybe you can try to set the region to KR920. Just have a try.

According to LoRaWAN Spec for AS923 only 923.2 and 923.4 are mandatory. So some manufacturers are setting like 923.4 923.2 923.0 922.8 922.6 928.4 922.2 922.0 … lower range and some are using 923.2 923.4 923.6 923.8 924.0 924.2 … the upper range. All of them saying this is AS923, which is leading to confusion. What are the center frequencies for KR920 for RAK811 module?

Hi @alen,

You can see all frequencies’s configuration inlcuding AS923 and KR920 in this link:
https://github.com/RAKWireless/rak_common_for_gateway/tree/master/lora/global_conf/serial

Hi @Fomi
My email is [email protected]
RAK8212.
Thanks

Hi @Fomi,
I would like an account for RAK online compiler. Here you have my data:

Thanks for everything in advance!
Kind regards,
Pablo Romero.

Hi @promero,

I’ve just sent an email to you, please check.

1 Like

Hi
I am trying to build a sensor with RAK811 [version 3.0.0.4.H] and an external MCU. After setting up all the DevEui, AppKey etc. if I power up RAK811, it joins with server through gateway automatically. But my intension is, if the sensor can not find a gateway, I want to put it in low power mode for a period, then wake up and try to join again. If RAK811 doesn’t find a gateway I see “[LoRa]:Joined Failed” message, but RAK811 is still in high power mode. I send “at+set_config=device:sleep:1” . This command brings the RAK811 to low power mode. After that I can wake it up, but “at+join” command never works.No commands work afterwards until I restart it by disconnecting power again. Is there any solution for this?Am I doing something wrong?

When the board is asleep, you need to wake it up with any command and then send another command to identify it. If this is how you do it, I suggest you upgrade your firmware to try it.
Firmwire:WisNode-LoRa
When upgrading firmware, you have to re-burn the BootLoader, the previous BootLoader does not match the new version. You can refer to the documentation Get_Start_with_RAK811_WisNode-LoRa.pdf

@All

We will upgrade the RUI Compile Server at UTC time 2019-10-11 02:00-04:00 and do not use it during this time.

We will reply here after the upgrade is complete.

@All
The compile server is currently being tested and will take 2-3 hours.

2019-10-11%2014%3A07%3A42
About upgrade changes:

1. First copy your code to the appropriate subdirectory.
  2. Then execute the corresponding compile command.
  3. The generated file and compilation log will be saved to the corresponding subdirectory.

@All
The build server has been upgraded.

Hi @Fomi
I would like to have access to RUI compiler
Yann LEMARCHAND,
[email protected]
RAK7200&RAK5205

Do you know when we could have access to RAK7200 firmware?
have a good day

Best regards

Hi @yaya69,

I’ve just sent an email to you, please check.

BTW, RAK7200 can not be customized using RAK online compiler recently. Actually, we’re working on it, but it will take somo more time.

hi. I need the login for online compiler
[email protected]

Rak5205, Rak7200,
Thanks. Bye

Hi @FLorenzi,

I’ve just sent an email to you.
BTW, RAK online compiler hasn’t supported RAK7200 yet, so you can’t customize the firmware for RAK7200 now.

Thankyou . I’D REceive.
And compiled.

No matter about 7200. For my needs I’m going to use 5205 now.

Best regards.

Francesco

Pablo - [email protected] - RAK811 Breakout