RAK3172 Class C

I am testing Lorawan class C in RUI interface for Rak3172. However, I could not set the sending period. In Class A, I was sleeping during OTAA_PERIOD. I won’t put it to sleep in Class C, but I couldn’t figure out how to solve it. Can you help me? I would be very happy if you could give an example code of class C otaa.

LoRaWAN Class C means the LoRa transceiver is in RX mode all the time. You cannot get low power current when using Class C.
The lowest I can get in Class C is around 6mA. This is consumed by the LoRa transceiver. The STM32WLE5 will still go into low power mode, but you will not see it in the power consumption.

I understood yes. I don’t need low power consumption right now, I just want to set a transmission period in class c mode. I will be sending downlink data from the AWS cloud system. Can’t uplink be done periodically in Class C? I just want sample code. Thank you @beegee

I thought of something like this at first, but I saw that it didn’t work.

Of course timed uplinks are possible in all LoRaWAN classes.

The problem in your code is that you define last inside the loop(), which means it is initialized to 0 every time loop() is called, so your criteria is never fulfilled.

Move the definition outside of loop().
And your if looks weird I would never write it like this.

static uint64_t last = 0;

void setup()
{
   //  usual setup stuff
   last = millis():
}

void loop(void)
{
   if ((millis() - last) > OTAA_PERIOD)
   {
      uplink_routine();
      last = millis();