RAK3172 data transmission interruption

Hi, I’m Berke.
I’ve set up a system using a RAK3172 LoRaWAN end device. My system has several sensors, and I’m sending the data read from the sensors to my AWS lambda code via the RAK7268C gateway. Then, I send it from my lambda code to AWS Grafana to monitor the data. I have no problem sending the data. My entire system is actually working, but I’m not getting data from my device at certain intervals. I feel like I’m getting a Restricted_Wait error, but I’m not sure. I’m sharing 2 visuals related to this. I used the RUI3 interface on RAK3172. I need to track the data in real time, so my data transmission period is 16 seconds. I’m using it in Class A and I don’t put RAK3172 in sleep mode because I downlink from AWS when necessary. I’m looking for your help with my problem. Thank you in advance.

What LoRaWAN region are you using? If EU868, I am quite sure with 16ms send interval you will hit the duty cycle restrictions.

I use it in EU868 region. Is there a solution you can suggest?

You can disable the Duty Cycle (on the edge of using the device illegally)
You have to disable the Duty Cycle in both the LoRaWAN server and the RAK3172.

For the LoRaWAN server, I can’t help how to do it, it depends on the server (TTN, Chirpstack, ???)

On the RAK3172 you can disable Duty Cycle with AT+DCS or api.lorawan.dcs.set(0). But that will be overwritten if you do not disable Duty Cycle on the LNS.

Thanks @beegee. For now I set my period time to 1 minute and there are no problems. I’ll calculate the duty cycle and see how much I can reduce my cycle. Then, if everything goes well, I will start testing the method you suggested.

The data was truncated again. I think my problem still persists. I get json logs like this on AWS side. Grafana side is the same way. Increasing the period time to 1 minute did not work. I don’t understand why this happens?

You will need the output of the RAK3172 it self to see the response when you send a packet