RAK3172 P2P AT_TEST_PARAM_OVERFLOW

Hi,
I try communicate via P2P with other remote device and receive frame with data. Module was updated to 1.0.3 version and baud rate set on 115200. During p2p setup I received OK on every command. When I switch module to RX mode I get AT_TEST_PARAM_OVERFLOW error, and I don’t know what the problem is, documentation says that parameter is to long, what that’s mean? On default baud rate = 9600, the same situation, any ideas? thanks in advance.

Welcome to RAK forum @mkacz ,

Is the scenario repeatable and not erratic behavior? Can you please send me the sequence of commands you set on your TX and RX so I can try to replicate it?

Hi, thank you for your answer, my sequence of commands is:
AT+NWM=0\r\n → get OK
AT+P2P=869525000:7:250:0:8:15\r\n → OK
AT+PSEND=0D0076454B3A014D79D204E3D3\r\n → send req data, get OK and on listening device I see that the frame has reached its destination and I get a response that I can’t read.
AT+PRECV=65534\r\n → get AT_TEST_PARAM_OVERFLOW

On windows (realTerm program) I can change 3172 in listening device and read every data which is in air, but on linux using some serial-port library from github I have that kind of problem. The problem is repeatable and obtained on 2 different libraries

I tried your sequence and it seems fine to me. My transmitter is on macOS and my receiver is in Windows PC.

Transmitter

Receiver

Thanks you for check this, but could you check scenario when you send data as TX and switch device to RX and read response? Could you tell me more about this ERROR, in which situation we get it?

Hi @mkacz , here’s my test. Is this the sequence? I was able to switch from TX to RX in this scenario. On both devices.

Once again thanks for checking it, probably my library cause the problem. However, could you tell me something more about error AT_TEST_PARAM_OVERFLOW?

hello i solved the problem, after ATN, ATZ or ATE command, I only read one line from the buffer, therefore I am getting OVERFLOW error. When I changed it to reading lines, I was finally able to read the data I received. My suggestion is one line of response to the command sent;) Once again thanks for help.