RAK3172 RUI3 AT+SLEEP does not respond "OK" until after the time has elapsed

Hi,

I’m using the RAK3172 and the RUI3 AT commands to develop a low-power application.

According to the documentation, the AT+SLEEP command should have a return code of “OK”.
However, the docs don’t specify if the return code should appear before the module goes to sleep, or after the module wakes up.

Testing out this command my result shows that the latter is true:

It is critical for my application to confirm the RAK3172 has entered sleep mode correctly. But with this current behavior, there is no way to verify if the RAK module has received and executed the sleep command until after it wakes up.

I have a suspicion that this is a bug since the previous iteration of my project uses a RAK4200 where the at+set_config=device:sleep command responds with OK Sleep / OK Wake UP before the device actually goes in/out of sleep mode.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

What firmware version do you have?

On the latest firmware version V3.5.3 is works as expected:

Latest firmware version is available in our Download Center

Thanks for the quick response!

I’m on the same version (RUI_3.5.3_RAK3172-E) and the behavior from my screenshot is the same as you’ve illustrated. Glad to understand that this is the expected behavior.

However, this poses a problem for my application since there is no way to confirm if the RAK module has actually entered its sleep mode.

On the RAK 4200, I was able to implement the following to make sure the RAK module is in sleep mode before I disable the Rx/Tx pins on my MCU.

It seems like I am unable to do this with the RUI3 interface. Any recommendations on how to implement the application firmware to ensure the RAK module is in sleep mode without feedback on the AT+SLEEP command?

The way AT+SLEEP is implemented in RUI3 the only way I can think about is that if any response is received after AT+SLEEP (AT_PARAM_ERROR or AT_BUSY_ERROR or AT_ERROR) the RAK3172 did not enter sleep mode. If no response, then it went to sleep mode.

Got it thanks for the information. This will work for my application. Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.