RAK3172 Set-up not working

Hi guys, i’m trying to set-up my RAK3172 board. I am referring to the Quick start guide and trying to connect the RAK via USB to UART to my computer. Using the RAK serial app, Im connecting successfully to the board using baud of 115200. However, the response that i get from the board is as follows:
Slave Rx Start
OnRxTimeout
Master Rx Start
OnTxTimeout
Please help me out if anyone knows how to get through this!

Welcome to the forum @nikhil

The response from the board looks strange. Our standard AT command firmware does not have such message.

Can you try to send the following AT command through the RAK Serial Tool to the RAK3172 and post the response (if any) here:

AT+VER=?
AT+?
AT+RUN

I dont get a response on the following AT commands.
Just receive the timeout messages as previously mentioned. On resetting, says
PING PONG
LORA MODULATION
APPLICATION VER

My connections are as follows:
UART2 TX to USB Rx
UART2 RX to USB Tx
3.3V supplied using power source
common GND

It looks like there is a custom firmware running on this RAK3172.

Where did you get it from?

What type of RAK3172 are you using?
RAK3172 Stamp module

RAK3272 Breakout Board

RAK3372 Evaluation Board

I’m using the breakout board. Ordered it online from the IOT Store.

Looking into the responses you see, I think this RAK3172 is not flashed with our default firmware. We are not selling modules that do not have our default firmware. It seems in addition that our default bootloader was changed to something else.

I propose you follow our guide STM32CubeProgrammer Guide for RAK Modules to flash our default firmware back to the RAK3172.

Without our bootloader this is the only method that can flash our firmware and bootloader.
You can download the latest RAK3172 firmware from our Downloads Center

Thank you for your message. So I have flashed using the latest RAK3172 firmware .hex file. I’m following the QSG for 3272S and connecting to arduino. The issue turning up now is I’m getting ??? for every at command. I tried adjusting baud rates but no luck.

Worked after resetting. Thank you heaps for your support!!!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.