Rak3244 with IN865

Hey all

does anyone tried bastwan breakout board with In865 region in Arduino with custom library

Thanks

Hello @shantanu welcome back.

I only tried Bastwan board with MCCI LoRaWAN library on AS923 and EU868. I found some problems with EU868 when using OTAA, but a colleague could use it without problems.

But none of us has tried IN865 yet.

What gateway and what LoRaWAN server are you using?
What software are you using?

@beegee thanks for replying

I’m going to use it with rak gateways.

my boards are in the way . just planning to see if I can modify the existing library to support in865

if that works then would be great to use with Arduino

If you use the library I pointed to, it says it supports IN865. GitHub - mcci-catena/arduino-lmic: LoraWAN-MAC-in-C library, adapted to run under the Arduino environment

In the config file: arduino-lmic/lmic_project_config.h at master · mcci-catena/arduino-lmic · GitHub and in the documentation they call it IN866.

You have to edit the lmic_project_config.h file to enable it.

Hi @shantanu ,

On the library @beegee suggested, you also need to set the pin mapping properly. It should be like this.

// Pin mapping for ElectronicCats BastWAN LoRa
const lmic_pinmap lmic_pins = {
  .nss = SS,
  .rxtx = RFM_SWITCH,
  .rst = RFM_RST,
  .dio = {RFM_DIO0, RFM_DIO1, RFM_DIO2},
  .rxtx_rx_active = true,
  .rssi_cal = 10,              // LBT cal for the Adafruit Feather M0 LoRa, in dB
  .spi_freq = 8000000,
};

You will see the pin mapping section on the example codes once you install the library.

1 Like

Thanks @carlrowan @beegee
I tried MCCI lib with enabling CFG_in866 1 that didnt worked

Though I had used LMIC years back and with pin mapping my Uplinks are working

Needed to add the channel setup in IBM lmic lib, hope someone can be find this helpful.

LMIC_setupChannel(2, 865062500, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF12, DR_SF7B), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(3, 865402500, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF12, DR_SF7B), BAND_CENTI);
LMIC_setupChannel(1, 865985000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_SF12, DR_SF7B), BAND_CENTI); // g-band
LMIC_setupChannel(8, 866385000, DR_RANGE_MAP(DR_FSK, DR_FSK), BAND_MILLI);

For now I have tested the uplink, looks like for downlink I need to fix some issue for channel or band

on gateway I am seeing this, might be the downlink channels are not configured correctly.

Once I have my working Ardunio library with downlinks as well, I’ll upload on Git with samples.

1 Like

Good news is I have updated beelan library… so I am able to use the default samples.
Currently Uplinks are working. working on to get the downlink working.

Once it works end to end. i’ll share the complete library :smiley:

1 Like