RAK4260 LPWAN Evaluation Board & RAK2245 Pi Hat

Issue: connection difficulties

Setup: default

Server: built-in chirpstack

Details: should these be able to communicate via built-in chirpstack? how do I confirm?

Yes, look at the logs.

Longer answer: Assuming the logs aren’t showing any connection attempts from the 4260 …

I’d remove one of the big complex components in this setup, ChirpStack and use TTN - this will allow you to confirm both the gateway and the node are working OK.

Are you in range of any TTN community gateways? If so, can you configure the 4260 so that you can check that works OK.

Do you have any other nodes you can test the gateway with?

Thanks for the support Nick. We will pursue this and be in touch soon!

Have a nice weekend,

Mike

PS - Maria, I tagged you so you can stay informed on this.

Michael Hillendahl, Electrical Engineer at Design West Technologies

2701 Dow Avenue, Tustin, CA 92780 | 714.731.0201 | 714.731.1255 Fax

image001.jpg

EXPORT COMPLIANCE:

This transmittal, including its attachments, may contain technical data that is controlled under the United States Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”). This information may not be exported to a foreign person, either in the U.S. or abroad, without the proper authorization of the U.S. Department of Commerce, or the U.S. Department of State. Prior to distributing, please contact Design West Technologies Inc. to obtain information related to commodity jurisdiction and authorized foreign end-users.

CONFIDENTIALITY:

This transmittal, including its attachments, should be considered Proprietary and Confidential. Further, this information is intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is addressed. If you received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender, refrain from disclosing its contents to others, and delete it from your system. Any unauthorized use of this E-mail and its attachments is prohibited.

ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE:

This message is not meant to constitute an electronic signature or intent to contract electronically, unless otherwise stated.